My first 5K ever NSV!

Options
I ran my first 5K ever this past Saturday! There are several things about this that I am very proud of;
1. I did it without walking. I had been training for a while and for me this was an important accomplishment. I was not worried about my time since I know that I will be bettering it with 5K efforts in the future (which is another NSV!).
2. This 5K involved running some stairs and had a few hills that I was not aware of. It didn't matter because I had made up my mind that I would not allow it to matter.
3. I did it pain free and had energy to spare and finished with a smile on my face (pumping my hands in the air when I crossed the finish line!).,
4. My time was 32:16 which was better than anything I had done in my training. Something to be said for adrenaline!
5. I finished 9th in my age group! I don't know how many people were in my age group, but it sounds good! HA!!!
6. I ran this 5K with my son and oldest daughter. What a great memory to share this with them!

Replies

• HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Just finishing is a NSV, but that's a really amazing time too.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: Running NSVs, Great job brother!:drinker:
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's an amazing time! I ran my 2nd one on Saturday and only got 34:12! My first time was 38:01. Great job!!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Great! That's a fantastic time! I was very pleased to finish under 34 minutes (33:54) and you've bested that! And, what a great event for you and your children! Fantastic weight loss as well.
  • roverrowe
    roverrowe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That's a great achievement in a great time! You should be very proud of yourself, but I bet your son and daughter are even prouder to have done it with you! Next stop 10k!? I've only ever done one (aged 38 at the time and weighing about 202lbs) and my time was 66mins ... reckon you could smash that!
  • KayMay66
    KayMay66 Posts: 3
    Options
    These are awesome victories! The feeling when you finish your first 5K is truly great. Congratulations on your success. :happy:
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your achievements! Very cool.
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have 2 5k races under my belt and have another one in a week. Keep it up!!
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    THat is so awesome!!! Congrats to you!
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Solid work. Just started getting back into running myself. Sure puts a beating on my 275# frame, but it will only get better I'm sure.

Congrats.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Great time!
  • slappy2121
    slappy2121 Posts: 7
    Options
    Well done!....Keep it going
  • Mama06
    Mama06 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
    I bet you love running now!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!