Vent...honesty, etc

Options
2»

Replies

• sara_alexandra
    sara_alexandra Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    When I'm sticking to it, what has worked for me is eating fewer net calories Monday through Wednesday to make up for the fact that 2 or 3 days starting Thursday will be worse calorie wise. Especially when Sunday used to be my day of rest in terms of exercise.

That's a good idea. I'm going to try that out, thanks!
  • sara_alexandra
    Options
    Your 5 on/2 off plan is a great plan for maintenance. It's not a great plan for losing weight, especially if you don't have much to lose.

I have done the same thing and maintained for a long time. I finally got serious and decided that I would do a 7-day-on plan for 28 days to try to lose my last bit of fat. It is working fairly well, even though I have not been absolutely perfect.

When the 28 days are up, I will return to my 5/2 maintenance behavior for a few weeks to take a psychological break, and then do another limited cut -- probably 21 days. I am planning to keep cycling maintenance and cuts until I get my last 12 pounds off.

Unfortunately, it all comes down to how much you want to lose weight vs. how much you want to indulge on the weekends. I wanted to lose weight a lot more when I was really fat, and there was more room for error in my diet. Now that I only have 12 pounds to lose, it is a little harder to stay motivated, and also requires much tighter control of the calories. Ultimately, you have to decide which you want more.

Yeeeeeeea i figured those 2 days were stalling my progress. You're right. I'm going to have to get focused if I really want to see things happen. Thanks so much for your input.
  • sara_alexandra
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. All of your advice and comments are helpful and thought-provoking. I think we really all do need to keep in mind that our habits as trackers are better off than when we didn't track at all. It's difficult to not see the exact progress I want, but I'm going to just keep on keeping on. Such a great thread/community. THANKS AGAIN! xo
    Sara
  • justmeg86
    justmeg86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way....I know my weekends could use some improvement, and I am hoping that when the weather finally gets nice, and stays nice, I will have more energy and be outside more and be active. I did so well losing weight a couple years ago (with little effort outside of going to the gym) and am upset with myself all the time for gaining a few pounds back in the last 6 months so. It's frustrating for sure!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    301px75.jpg

Wanted to save this :smile:
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    Ahh yeah, sometimes you just gotta let it all out to feel better!
    a7261148.gif
  • swbabe33
    swbabe33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great vent. I wish I could go out and do the exercise you do. I am jealous. I did water aerobics three times this week, and my hip is killing me. I'm sitting here looking at my bottle of pain pills and asking myself why I'm hurting so bad, and not feeling great after exercising? I need to lose 50 lbs and I have to rein back on my calories and be rational about exercising or it isn't going to happen. That's my honest crappy truth. I agree with the person who says you would be in a lot worse shape if you didn't.