Cheat Day

Options
So I'm working out and dieting, but I really miss things like Chipotle. How often is it okay to have a cheat day? Will it significantly slow down my weight loss?

Replies

• RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Speaking of cheat day, what exactly does that mean? Are you totally disregarding your calorie budget? or do you stay within your calories but just eat less healthy food? Not sure what a cheat day really means. A question for everyone. Sorry for busting in on your thread Pkhaurie
  • Floatsby
    Floatsby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My definition of cheat day would be eat a whole chipotle burrito. No matter the calorie gain.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    As long as you're in a deficit you'll lose weight.

I eat a well balanced diet and I like to think treats like icream and beer are included in that diet.
  • Jdiaz72
    Jdiaz72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I embraced a cheat day about 4 weeks ago and i have lost 4 pounds. I had not lost any weight since the holidays. I am very close to my goal and this finally helped. My neighbor has been doing this for 6 months and she has lost about 15 lbs.

the way ours works is...

6 days a week: low carb, no desserts, no over eating. Try very hard to eat mostly clean foods. I use gum a lot to curb my sweet tooth

1 day is fun day - do not over eat but eat the foods you crave all week. Save them up to eat them on just that day.

1rst day back should be a big water day so you can cleanse.

I am just getting the hang of it but it really is good for me. Otherwise I will binge daily. Now I just say - i can eat that on Sunday. And I do!
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My definition of cheat day would be eat a whole chipotle burrito. No matter the calorie gain.

Going to be a loooong trip to 170lbs then. Maybe not so much if it's once a month?
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

I would still log it as best you can.

Even if you choose not to one burrito isn't going to have a dramatic affect on your progress.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Look at it like this, first, weight loss isn't linear, you may not drop 1 lb a week or 2 lbs a week, you may drop 3-4 in a couple of weeks. Second, its more of an over all calorie count. So, you head down to Chipotle, scarf that burrito...even if you go over for the day, how are you for the week? So what if you're over for the week, so you lose .5 lbs instead of 1 or you lose 1 instead of 2. Even if you stay the same this week...does this one week really matter in a lifetime of weeks?

If you just can't live with yourself by going over your calories, you could always exercise and get more calories for the day.
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and eat your burrito. Don't deprive yourself. Just try to eat really healthy and low calorie the rest of the day, and don't do it all the time. No worries. And if you work out, then you'll be fine anyways. No worries.
  • Floatsby
    Floatsby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. So do you think going to chipotle once every two weeks would be fine?
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. So do you think going to chipotle once every two weeks would be fine?

Make your own at home...save probably half the calories and help you learn to make such meals on your own.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Once every couple a weeks won't affect your overall weight loss. Don't call it a cheat day though, just try your best to work it into your weekly calorie allowance. Eat a little less the other days if you are really worried about it.
  • john0804
    john0804 Posts: 31
    Options
    Shouldn't it be considered a TREAT day? I think calling it a cheat day gives it a bad tone, once a month you enjoy yourself and maybe work a little harder that week so that it doesn't rock the boat too hard :)
  • aubrie917
    aubrie917 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just get a burrito bowl without rice. You can make a healthy meal at chipotle! I did yesterday. Chicken, fajita veggies, guac, salsa, black beans. It was delicious and clean.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Just get a burrito bowl without rice. You can make a healthy meal at chipotle! I did yesterday. Chicken, fajita veggies, guac, salsa, black beans. It was delicious and clean.
    Yep. You can still eat pretty healthy at chipotle. I get it a lot because it's one of my biggest guilty pleasures. :smile: I do a fajita veggie burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, salsa, and lettuce (no cheese, no meat - I'm vegetarian, and no tortilla), and it's about 450 calories and plenty filling to be a full meal.