new to this weight loss thing

Options
Hello. My name is Neik. Looking to add friends to keep me motivated. I started out at 289 and I'm down 14 pounds in a month. My doctor only wanted me to aim for 1 pound a week and she was very surprised when I stepped on the scale. I've been overweight/obese for awhile now and decided to go to the doctor for weight management/weight loss. I felt like that would be the only way for me to get this weight off of me. Well, she did some bloodwork and then when my results came back, she told me I'm pre diabetic. That was definitely a wake up call for me and I decided I needed to do something and I needed to do it sooner rather than later. I immediately changed the way I was eating and started walking everyday. It would be nice to have some friends that are trying to do the same thing to help keep me motivated. feel free to add me!

Replies

• tripledipped13
    tripledipped13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It is amazing how fast the weight will come off when you first start the change in diet and exercise! I l lost 5 pounds in my first week! :bigsmile: I am adding ya!