binge eating!

Options
It is so frustrating! I got to my goal weight, even a little below it. Then of course, I sabotage myself and went on a four day binge episode! I know the weight isn't permanent, more water weight than anything...but it is pretty discouraging. Anyone have the same issue? Or any tips on how to deal with it?

Thanks!!

Replies

• MizStephanie
    MizStephanie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Anyone!!! :)
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I won't help you. I have the same problem. I work so hard to eat healthy , I'm doing good for a week or 2, and than I gain it all back within few days. Vicious circle for the last 9 years. I'm with u!
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The best advice is the advice you don't want to hear: stop it. just stop binge eating.

As long as you define yourself as the person who has an issue with binge eating, you'll let yourself do it on occasion. Next time, just say no. this is NOT me, this is not who i want to be. Build your willpower. Become the person who can resist. Then you won't have the guilt, but instead be proud of yourself.

Ultimately, it's always your choice.
  • Keep tracking your food intake even when you get to your target weight. Once you get to your target weight you should eat at maintenance (increase your calories by 100-300) and you won't gain any body fat. Also high intensity interval training is great for keeping fat off, it should only take around 5-15 minutes (its not a walk in the park, but it works).

Think of how hard you worked to lose the weight, you dont want to eat it all back in 2 weeks, even though that is very easy to do
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Be sure your goal weight is realistic for a start, as aiming for too low a weight for your body, can and does lead to issues with binge eating, as I found out myself last year. So will eating at too low a calorie goal.

That said, you might find this mfp binge eating support group useful since it is very active and has a me vs the binge challenge every month.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/726-binge-eating-support-group