Are you enjoying food more now?

Options
I have been counting calories now for three weeks. First time ever on any kind of diet.

I used to eat three bowls of cereal in the morning, just cause it was there and was tasty. Now that I am counting each gram, I have 1.5 servings of oatmeal, and savor every bite.

Last night I had one cup, cooked, of whole wheat fetticcini, marinara sauce, and a scant tablespoon of parmesan cheese, with a small scoop of nonfat cottage cheese. It was delicious.

I had avoided whole wheat pasta because it looked way too healthy to be any good, but I found I really appreciated the extra flavor of the whole wheat. And a little cheese goes far.

With the money I am saving on alcohol and excess food, I am buying more organic products. That feels good.

I had never enjoyed eating so little, so much, until now that every bite counts .

Replies

• Nevada
    Nevada Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have been counting calories now for three weeks. First time ever on any kind of diet.

I used to eat three bowls of cereal in the morning, just cause it was there and was tasty. Now that I am counting each gram, I have 1.5 servings of oatmeal, and savor every bite.

Last night I had one cup, cooked, of whole wheat fetticcini, marinara sauce, and a scant tablespoon of parmesan cheese, with a small scoop of nonfat cottage cheese. It was delicious.

I had avoided whole wheat pasta because it looked way too healthy to be any good, but I found I really appreciated the extra flavor of the whole wheat. And a little cheese goes far.

With the money I am saving on alcohol and excess food, I am buying more organic products. That feels good.

I had never enjoyed eating so little, so much, until now that every bite counts .
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    Good For you! I totally hear ya on enjoying every bite:) I guess we appreciate the food we eat more, now that we are counting:)
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Not only am I enjoying food more, I too have more money to spend on better food since I don't eat so much junk and I eat the right proportions now too. I really pay more attention when I am shopping to what is in the food and whether I really want it. I love salmon and now I try to have it once a week, that and a lot of chicken. For some reason I really don't like beef that much not to say I won't eat it but I would rather chicken. I found myself trying new foods like tofu and different kinds of salad fixings. But I must say I have sworn off pasta and bread and sugar. I think I will try some whole wheat pasta but I'm not expecting much. The last time I ate some it didn't really taste all that good to me.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, whole wheat pasta is just as good, maybe better because of the nutty flavor! And the added nutritional benefits. It stays with you longer, too... that was a GREAT observation.

~~cmriverside and Budhi the kitty (like "booty")

P.S. he doesn't like whole wheat pasta. Or just about anything.