Carb Withdrawal

Options
I have gone from having more than 10 servings of Carbs per day to 4 and I am finding that im grumpy and angry and just miserable. How long does this crash take to get over?

Replies

• jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    It takes me three days to a couple weeks to get through it. I have gone on low carb diets a few times and that is what you cut out, but I find that its the sugar I have problems quitting. Did you cut down on suger too?
  • SKINNYMOMOF5
    SKINNYMOMOF5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    omg so thats why im so grumpy today!
  • SandyBeach55
    Options
    about 5 days. You will feel so much better in the long run. try not to eat any empty calories. it really helps.1160240.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Would you be opposed to enjoying complex carbs instead? They include Brown Natural rice and Whole wheat bread.. I sometimes find myself having carbs but I mix the sources up so i'll have say a 100 calorie whole wheat roll with some filler (turkey, salad, red onion, and cheese) then for my second serving i'll have brown rice with dinner.. I wish you luck!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    On my food program, we are told to eat 30 to 45 g of carbs PER MEAL. The nutrionist said that denying your body of carbs only hurts you in the long run. I've switched to whole wheat pasta (1 cup) and pepperidge farm deli flats and have made other changes so that there is no white flour, no white sugar and no high fructose corn syrup in my food. I can still eat my carbs! Don't deny and restrict yourself, just make better choices.
  • lds25
    lds25 Posts: 68
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input, I prob should have been more specific, I am cutting out White - rice, pasta, potatoes, crackers. I am tryin to have as few carbs for the first 2 days as i can. I just ate some sweet potatoes and maybe that will give me a bit of a sugar kick. I am really trying to cut down to only 4 servings of grains per day.