Ezekiel bread...Thoughts??

Options
My sister swears by this bread. Is it worth the extra cost and me driving to a special co-op store just to get it??

Replies

• zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Give it a try first. If you enjoy it, than you can decide whether to keep buying it.

Personally I like their bread and buy it regularly, but everybody's taste is different. I like the nutty texture and taste. There's no magic food of course, but Ezekiel has pretty good nutritional numbers.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Keep it in the fridge, it molds in about 4-5 days on the counter, tastes fine.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Keep it in the fridge, it molds in about 4-5 days on the counter, tastes fine.

ditto
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I like it, i like texture in my bread...love it with tomato sammiches.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I wasn't fond of it, but the only way I can buy it is frozen and I don't like frozen bread. I do like the sprouted grain breads I've found locally though. I think the flavour is worth the added cost, but as someone above said see if you can try it first.
  • anyamb
    anyamb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I thought that the taste was alright, but it was so stiff and dry. I found myself just dumping moist condiments, etc. on it in a bad way.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I like it...It has more protein then bread and fills that craving :-) I don't know about the whole sprouted grain thing being healthier and all that, but it cant hurt and it might help...
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    what is ezekiel bread?
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    what is ezekiel bread?

http://www.foodforlife.com/about_us/ezekiel-49

It's a sprouted grain bread.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot! I get mine from costco. It does not last as long as regular bread. I just keep it in the freezer and toast it when i need it.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I buy the cinnamon raisin flavor and find its moist enough that I don't need butter for it, shocking I know. I eat it with my eggs at breakfast. The reason I buy it is because of how healthy it is for a bread. I keep it in the freezer and put it in the toaster when I want a slice.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I think it has a bit of a cult following because it is fairly widely available and has what people consider "clean" ingredients. I like it, and buy it occasionally, but it's not anything special. I prefer rye bread.

[edit: and yes, keep it in the fridge. it keeps for weeks if it's stored in the fridge.]
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I don't care or the taste nor how quickly it molds.
  • TimeForTheseMuscles1
    Options
    Blah
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love their cinnamon raisin bread with almond butter. Makes a great breakfast.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I like it. I just leave it in the fridge and put it in the toasted oven for a minute or two before using it. I take forever to eat it too, but I have yet to see it mold in there.

I haven't been able to find the cinnamon raisin one yet unfortunately. Will have to check trader joe's.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love their cinnamon raisin bread with almond butter. Makes a great breakfast.

I love the cinnamon raisin too. I like to freeze it and usually pop it right in the toaster from the freezer. It's perfect for lots of things. I like the ingredients more than other "whole wheat" breads.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Bread you buy on the self is no good for you. Ezekiel is great and so worth the extra cost. If a food is cheap it usually means its made cheaply. I have been eating it on and off for years now. I keep it in the freezer and toast it. I had a toasted tomato and avocado sandwich for dinner.
  • mjl54
    mjl54 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    on the topic of breads has anyone tried P28 bread?
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone!! I think I will go buy a loaf and give it a try.