calories--a few under vs. a few over?

Options
ssmom
ssmom Posts: 128 Member
I dislike getting the starvation mode warning when I am only a little under. Today I was 60 calories under--would you try to find something around 60 calories to eat? Would it be better to be say 20-50 calories over your goal instead of 60 calories under? It's so few that I'm not really that concerned but was wondering what others thought.

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Are you working out? If so, you should be eatting back some of your workout calories so this shouldn't be an issue. If you haven't been, eat some of your workout calories back as it will actually help with your weight loss by providing fuel for your body to burn.
  • AlyssaC2010
    AlyssaC2010 Posts: 100
    Options
    For 60 calories Jell-o makes these Sugar Free Cinnamon Roll pudding cups...sooo good. And they're sweetened with Xylitol which is a better sweetener than Splenda or any other "fake" sweeteners. It hits my sweet spot.
  • PhabPhilo
    PhabPhilo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I only eat when I'm hungry and usually come in under on my calories. I've never gotten a starvation mode warning. Is there a setting that turns that on?
  • katie30
    katie30 Posts: 55
    Options
    My opinion, for what it's worth, is that one day at 60 calories under is not going to seriously hurt our overall weight loss. It is when you are routinely under that you are going to have a problem. I look for a weekly average in my calories, with only a slight variation from day to day. If one day is 100 over, the next may be 100 under (I have a 1600 calorie diet, so a little more flexibility).