Options
So Im not feeling well at the moment
Im hungry but I just dont feel like eating
I know my body needs the fuel, so my question is
What do you eat in this situation?

Replies

• kMcMahan2010
    Options
    Maybe some plain chicken breast? Or chicken noodle soup? I guess it would depend on exactly what you mean by "not feeling well".
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Well. I used to eat Rice Chex....Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato chips...or suck on ginger chews..lately i drink a cup of Peppermint tea:) and eat raw almonds
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I would eat something energy dense so I didn't have to keep shoveling mouthful after mouthful of food in. Or maybe some soup, that goes down easy. Comfort foods...cereal, mac&cheese, PBJ. Yogurt or ice cream.

Eat a little something and see how you feel then...it may help you feel better enough to eat more. I used to have a bad habit of not eating when sick, and it was not helpful for healing. Nowadays, I eat at least my BMR even on sick days where I am completely indifferent to food.
  • hkb85
    hkb85 Posts: 37
    Options
    Thankyou everyone

by not feeling well, ive either have a head cold or my sinuses are playing up. I feel hungry but the thought of food just isnt appealing.
    Ive mostly had cups of tea today.
    I bought some chocolate but its still sitting there uneaten.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    congee
  • Natis01
    Natis01 Posts: 2
    Options
    If you are craving sweets, put a slice of pickle in your mouth and savor it. The pickle helps to not crave sweets. If you're still hungry eat a yogurt with some oatmeal. Hope you feel better.
  • dianamatienzo
    dianamatienzo Posts: 127
    Options
    I usually just eat chicken noodle soup or chicken rice soup when I'm not feeling well :) It's so satisfying, I'll eat it without a problem on days when I'm sick and don't feel like eating at all. Also saltine crackers. Those are my go-to on sick days; my body just craves them! Feel well soon!