Why did you start?

Options

Replies

• KhinoHoang
    KhinoHoang Posts: 59
    Options
    Let's be honest. To look sexy. feel sexy. and be sexy.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed with weight caused sleep apnea.
    Chin sitting on my collar bone.
    Being heavier than heavier than my wife and I did combined at my commencement ball in 1990.
    Had fight back against degenerative osteoarthritis.
  • obeseandsassy
    obeseandsassy Posts: 118
    Options
    I was feeling sluggish and having knee pain, and I knew it had a lot to do with the kinds of food I was putting in my body and the fact that I wasn't even attempting exercise. I'm already feeling better on the inside, which matches how I feel about the outside :)
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Tired of feeling bad about myself, being embarrassed to go anywhere where I may see someone who hasn't seen me in a while, not feeling sexy to my husband(even though he didn't think so), not wanting my oldest daughter(6) to be embarrassed of her mom when she gets old enough to notice, just tired of being unhappy with myself. Oh yeah and hating seeing pictures of myself with the double chin! I've lost 31lbs and still have the double chin, hoping that will go away soon!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    The scale was getting a little too close to 200 and I had vowed never to get that big again. I had lost 50 pounds back in '99 and kept about 45 of it off up until a few years ago. I have been wanting to do something about it but really didn't have the drive to do so. When I seen that a friend of mine on FB had joined Weight Watchers and started posting her weekly losses it was enough of a push for me to get back to it.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Diabetes.
    Starting to creep into XXL clothes
    A bicycle I couldn't ride
    Being heavier than my b/f...that's pretty hard to take.
    My granddaughter. I want to be able to play other things than tea party or dolls with her.
    Want to preserve my knees
    And just all over look and feel good!
  • Hollyhobby22
    Hollyhobby22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i want to be healthy and look as good dancing as i feel.
  • BunnyW22
    BunnyW22 Posts: 33
    Options
    I've always been a big girl and I don't want to be the big girl any more.
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Found out I was D cup. Sounds stupid, but I realized I was a D cup not from being large chested but that I was fat and my boobs now had more fat. I'm a b cup when I feel healthiest. I had bought size d bras the year before and made a vow to lose weight. I forgot my promise to myself and went in the next year and couldn't figure out why all of the C cups all felt too tight! Looked at my old bras and saw the D cup size. I might have frightened the sales girls at Vicky's from my scream and then moan. I walked out of there refusing to buy new bras, I know its important to have bras that fit, but damn they're expensive ($50 each) and I promised myself I'd get by on sports bras (of which I have a ton!) until I could be down to a C cup again! Which I've done. I might soon be a B cup pretty soon again.

And the that I began to feel constricted in my normal everyday movements. I'd never felt that before in my life.

The sobering reality that every time I go home I can see my mother and grandmother suffering horrible personal pain from their morbid obesity. It frightened me as a child; I thought I was doomed to be morbidly obese in adulthood. I've decided I wasn't going to lay down and accept such fate without a fight!
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    My husband said "you will always be attractive to me because I love you" :grumble: this was in response to the question "does this look good on me?" :sad: it was at that point that it hit me. I was no longer sexy! I had let myself go to the point that my husband had to ignore my looks and focus on his love for me to see me as beautiful.:noway: he deserves a hot wife and I am on my way!:happy:
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Like some others said...I was tired of being fat. I was tired of being winded walking. Tired of not finding my size in 'regular' stores. Want me to keep going? :happy:
  • jodsap
    jodsap Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had come up with every excuse in the book. " my husband loves me - why does it matter " - " why can't i eat whatever I want - it's not like I suck down a whole pizza in one sitting " - I even just started referring to myself as " big " and " fat " and " large " - like somehow the acknowledgement of this would make it easier to accept and therefore " Ok " - to be.... the list goes on and on...

Bottom Line - I was tired of being Fat. I found MFP and Zumba - and finally, now I am doing something about it!
  • wilsoncin
    wilsoncin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    honestly, i am tired of being fat.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I've been lucky to not be plagued with diseases associated with obesity. Luck will only get me so far. I want to live a long and healthy life doing whatever the heck I want. Including biking all over creation long after i turn grey. lol.
  • mikeandashgrossbrechtfeldt
    Options
    Because I was weighing almost as much as my 6'4 boyfriend, I'm only 5'2. I also want to get married we've been together for 6 years have two kids and the thought of me being in front of everyone at my size in a wedding dress I got because it fit and not cause I liked it, is scary.
  • FedoraNinja
    FedoraNinja Posts: 45
    Options
    Because I want to be an action movie hero girl. :smokin:

I want to be able to run through the jungle for 3 miles without coughing up a lung.
    I want to be able angry, determined pull-ups in a holding cell.
    I want to be able to go to kick boxing classes and not have anyone question it.

Also, I want to be able to be able to beat my husband in tickle fights. :heart:
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Because I want to be an action movie hero girl. :smokin:

I want to be able to run through the jungle for 3 miles without coughing up a lung.
    I want to be able angry, determined pull-ups in a holding cell.
    I want to be able to go to kick boxing classes and not have anyone question it.

Also, I want to be able to be able to beat my husband in tickle fights. :heart:

you are awesome
  • rleath
    rleath Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I want my nephew (about to turn 2 years old) and my future kids to see me happy and healthy. It took years but i've finally accepted my body type and shape, but I also know I can be toned and in tip top shape.
  • ficklesoul
    ficklesoul Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    because my endo thinks I'm very fat and keeps comparing myself with her(She's a very scary, petite, skinny lady) I wouldn't have lost all this weight had it not been for her and her endless, scary, nagging/lectures honestly. :P That women scares the crap out of me. I had to make sure I shed off weight every time I'm scheduled to meet her lol. I was dxed with PCOS that time because I was very obese. I'm actually very grateful my GP introduced me to her coz carrying all those extra weight sucks!
  • ninexoo
    ninexoo Posts: 1
    Options
    I started because I'm built to be very slender (except for my extremely large rack, ugh, I hate boobs) and the extra weight I gained after my wedding is giving me back fat, a belly/love handles, and thighs that rub together. My husband says he still thinks I'm sexy, but he deserves the hottest version of me possible, and this just ain't it!