Can you lose over 100lbs and have your skin become firm?

Options
I have read alot of stories of people who lose a lot of weight (100+ lbs) but then have alot of sagging skin. I mean, this may sound stupid but is it possible to get your skin firmed up without surgery? Anyone go from a lot of cellulite to bangin bod? I just would like to know what I should be doing to help my skin when I finally get down where I should be weight wise.

Replies

• tptouchdown
    tptouchdown Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This really depends on a lot of things; your age, how quickly you lose the weight and how often you have lost and gained in the past. If you follow the plan and only lose a pound or two a week your skin should shrink with you.
  • LdyPsych
    LdyPsych Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Even for someone quite young, 100+ lb. loss is unlikely to result in "firmness". But don't let that stop you!
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Things that could help are water, moisturise every day and weight training. I guess it also depends on where the fat is, if it is evenly spread out it would be better for the skin but if you have a big tummy then you may get a bit of skin. Loosing the weight slowly will help too. But most of all genetics is the answer, like stretch marks :/
  • BernardPumpkin
    Options
    i heard swimming helpz, an weight training
  • foxyv069
    foxyv069 Posts: 23
    Options
    Ok thanks :) I expect some loose skin... but i guess a future with playboy is out of the question... lol ;) but i will weight train and moiturize too. 11lbs lost so far though. YAY!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Well, I lost 90 lbs in a years time and have zero loose skin. Okay, so it's not 100 lbs, but close...
  • foxyv069
    foxyv069 Posts: 23
    Options
    Wow that is fantastic!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!