Hypothetical question for argument's sake...

Options
Okay, let's just say that you've achieved body/fitness utopia.
You are the exact weight, body fat %, waist/hip/bicep measurement etc. that you want.
You have found the perfect balance of diet and exercise.
You know exactly what to eat, when to lift, how far to run.
You have it all figured out.

Are you able to completely control your body or are there variables out of your control?
Can you maintain that weight or bicep measurement or whatever no matter what?
Or are there variables that are out of your control that may have you gaining a pound or increasing your body fat by one percent or...?

Let's take illness out of the equation.
Obviously, if you've had the stomach flu and haven't eaten or worked out in a few days, the numbers will change.

What do you think?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    depends on how i got there. if i got there quickly and didnt learn anything then no i wouldnt maintain.

but if i got there by being making small lifestyle changes here and there then yes maintenance would be a breeze. i'm pretty certain of that because i maintained a 4 pant size weight loss between september 2012 and now, most of that time i was in IDGAF mode with my eating, but since i good habits while i was losing weight, i was still continuing those
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I love this question

I think aging is the only variable in a perfect person, but I would love to see other answers.

But if it were me I would likely be eating the same things every day, and subsequently eventually I would become deficient in some kind of micro nutrient, and perhaps in different seasons I would need different quantities of different nutrients, like more vitamin d in winter.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    scales will always fluctuate
    BF% can be maintained if you are at maintenance cals and get adequate protein.
    Resistance training is still required "use it or lose it" applies to muscles. But training volume could be reduced.

In saying that, I think a VERY small amount of people would ever get to this point. Just look at BB's for example. Many either start off skinny or overweight, get to what most would consider a good physique. Then from there, it is about bringing up weak points via bulking and cutting, many times usually. Bulking doesn't mean just eating for mass weight gain either. (if you are smart).
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I love this question

I think aging is the only variable in a perfect person, but I would love to see other answers.

But if it were me I would likely be eating the same things every day, and subsequently eventually I would become deficient in some kind of micro nutrient, and perhaps in different seasons I would need different quantities of different nutrients, like more vitamin d in winter.

Good thought about aging.
    I work with the elderly and their nutritional/fitness needs are quite different from younger people.