Lost my motivation

Options
Belle8312
Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
I was working out regularly (4-5 times a week for at least 2 hours) and then quit my job. I am no longer motivated. I have a new job lined up and am really anxious to get a new routine going, but I am still not motivated. I have gained 10 pounds (and I still needed to lose quite a bit before that) since Feb and I know it's not healthy. I don't look or feel healthy, I know motivation is something that usually comes from within, but how do I get it out of me? Honestly, I just want to continue eating crap and enjoy clearing out my DVR. :frown:
HELP!

Replies

• WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ive been the same way. We put our home up for sale, and it's like I stopped my life....not running like I was, eating EVERY **** food in sight. I know I'm not doing right, and scared as hell to step on the scale because I FEEL like I'm getting fluffy again. Inconsistant with my logging...you are not alone. Its like the worse I eat, the WORSE I eat....if that makes any sense. Shall we kick this pig?
  • Belle8312
    Options
    I totally get what you are saying! Thank GOD someone knows what I am talking about and how I am feeling! I had to buy new clothes for interviews and just trying them on in the dressing room almost made me completely break down. The only reason why I didn't was because a friend was there with me and I didn't want to cry in front of her and everyone else in the dressing room. I used to be 150 pounds and even then I wasn't comfortable, now I am up to my highest weight ever. It's just so frustrating!
    LET'S DO THIS!!!!!! :smile:
  • judtod
    judtod Posts: 85
    Options
    You can do it. Most of us have ups and downs along the way. Try just doing one thing to move you in the right direction. It can be something small, like walking 10 minutes a day. After you have done that for a week, reevaluate, maybe you are ready to increase to 15 minutes. Just break it down into small steps. Don't make it all or nothing.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I feel for your situation.

Life can be a very cruel "You know what"

But you are picking up the pieces. You are getting back into the workforce and "figuring" things out.

When life hits you with a bowling ball, alot of times you can pick and sit down "all the pins" at the same time to get them in line again.

Take it slow, and work back into recording calories, weighing/measuring food, and doing exercise.

As long as you focus on maintaining your goals, it will start to fall back into place.

I wish you great success!
  • jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    You can both add me!! I love helping others out and staying focused!! Have you every considered joining a challenge group?? Basically its a group o get you accountable for your food and workouts, and keeps you motivated, with the hel from others in the group!! I have done this and lost so far 4 inches from my waist and 2 off my hips!!! Send me a msg i'd love to talk with you more about it!!
  • Belle8312
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think one of the biggest workout issues I have is that I try to take on too much. I used to be able to run 5 miles a day and work out on the elliptical for an hour, maybe more. Now, since I have gained this weight, I get on the treadmill and try to do the same things I used to do and because I can't, it discourages me.
    I think I need to rethink my workout process....like I have always said and heard...even if I walk or run for 15 minutes at a slow pace, it's more than that person sitting on the couch. I don't want to be that person on the couch anymore. It's just hard.
  • lsipe09
    lsipe09 Posts: 6
    Options
    I think we have all been there. But you have to look at this as a healthy for life lifestyle and not just do for a short period of time until you reach that magic number. Sometimes we do better than others. Don't beat yourself up, just start back at your next food opportunity -- not after the holidays or after winter, or after that graduation cake is gone. Life is a series of choices and you just need to try and make healthy choices more often than not! Good luck!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Everyone loses motivation at some point, be it school or work or something they may even enjoy.

Basically, you just have to get really harsh on yourself. Admit that you are not motivated, and kick your own *kitten* into gear anyway.

It's not easy, but what thing worth doing/having is?
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You need compelling reasons to keep doing what you are doing. It's not enough to say I want to be healthy. I want to lose weight. Multi faceted goals are important, and they shouldn't all be about numbers. This has really helped me in the past.
    I set small goals along the way that I know I can accomplish. Things like doing more than one real push up, or one size smaller in pants. I revel in every small accomplishment, ..... like when your workout becomes easier, or better yet when you feel you need to step it up a notch. I set long terms goals as well..... like I want to run a half marathon one day! I will wish to complete this exercise program. I will lift this much weight one day.!
    Non- weight goals are sooo important. And please keep measurements as well, you may stay the same weight, but often your measurements change.
    Good Luck!
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I loved All The Responses. All Made Me NotWantToGiveUp. I Am Glad You Posted This Topic Because Its Exactly How I'm Feeling! I Know We Can Do This Just Have To Make The Best Choices We Can At Every Moment :)