Anyone hear of static contraction?

Options
usmc01462
usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
Anyone hear of static contraction training?

Replies

• Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    like just randomly flexing? If that's what you're talking about that's just CNS training.
  • usmc01462
    Options
    No Look it up on google or youtube...example Flat bench: set self spotter 3-4" before you lock elbows. Load bar as heavy as you can and lift 2-3" and hold for 5 - 15 sec. and thats it for chest workout
  • usmc01462
    Options
    having a hrad time thinking this will get you jacked up in 10 weeks. claiming to be able to put more muscle on in 10 weeks than you would in 2-3 years. Recent study claiming this.
  • LZW212
    LZW212 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of this type of training but have seen a few people in my gym perform them. Was told it would stimulate new muscle growth allowing an increase in reps.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    If static contraction was much more effective than isotonic contraction, then people who do yoga should be pretty ripped.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bearsfreak
    bearsfreak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pete Sisco and John Little I believe made this type of training popular in the 90's. Mike Mentzer is one of the guys who really started to get H.I.T. (High Intensity Training) popular.

Basically there are 5 exercises with one set each (8-14 reps). Once you can do more than 14 reps you increase the weight.. There are two machines out there "1RepGym" and the "XF 7000" which is associated with Pete Sisco and there is even a video by Tony Robbins.

Hope this gives you some help with the research.