anybody watching the new Jillian Michael's show?

Options
StrengthInPain
StrengthInPain Posts: 155 Member
anybody else watching?? i'm intrigued... i think i will start quoting her lol

so far, "trying equals planning to fail"

Replies

• leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Shes gonna kill those people lol
  • softlyspoken68
    Options
    Loving this new show :) WE need more people like her that care.
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I"ll definitely be watching it tonight. Its going to be pretty brutal for those families. Total shock, in a good way though. I love Jillian Michaels, I can't wait for 8:00 pm so I can watch the show.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    fav quote from the show... "I'm not a frickin' genie!" :laugh: :laugh: I love her
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Did I misunderstand something with tonight's episode??? When they were in the gym making their promises, the dad said he wanted to lose 50lbs for the daughters wedding. The wedding was in 6 weeks and he lost 48lbs. How did he lose so much weight so quickly??? I don't get that. Even the mom lost 34lbs - that's a considerable amount in only 6 weeks.
  • StrengthInPain
    StrengthInPain Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Did I misunderstand something with tonight's episode??? When they were in the gym making their promises, the dad said he wanted to lose 50lbs for the daughters wedding. The wedding was in 6 weeks and he lost 48lbs. How did he lose so much weight so quickly??? I don't get that. Even the mom lost 34lbs - that's a considerable amount in only 6 weeks.

Yea, that is a lot. but when you think about it, the heavy you are the quicker and easier it is to lose weight at first. Just like the Biggest Loser contestants who lose 8-10 pounds a week, that's basically what he did. 8lbs x 6 weeks = 48 pounds.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm 330lbs - started at 350lbs and I've never had that kind of loss week to week. I've only had that my 1st week and then it tapered off. I wish the would've shown more of what they did to lose the weight. I really thought that was lacking.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Just to connect the dots from earlier, some of us were chattting about it when it was starting.:flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99533-losing-it-with-jillian
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    anybody else watching?? i'm intrigued... i think i will start quoting her lol

so far, "trying equals planning to fail"
    Definitely a quote that I scribbled down as well! Loved it, really true when you think about it, since she kept saying it too. lol
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    :tongue: oops, already got responded too, never mind
  • mhouberg
    mhouberg Posts: 18
    Options
    I just DVRd it! I have a serious love/hate relationship with her :love: :grumble:
  • Brandzilla
    Brandzilla Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Man she's such an awesome Bad *kitten* I would love to have her kick my butt an hour a day! There's no excuses or wimping out with her. I love how she just is in your face about it!
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I wondered if the family knew the show was going to pay for the wedding- such an elaborate beautiful place and wedding- truly was gorgeous!! They all looked great too!

interesting to see the young daughter still looking great, but going through all the inner turmoil, and unable to see herself successful.
  • mhouberg
    mhouberg Posts: 18
    Options
    Yay! I love this show! I'm watching it right now. My new fave quote-"I'm not killing you, are are killing you!" I have to remind myself of this quote when I'm doing my 30 day shred!:laugh:
  • 365healthchallenge
    Options
    I loved it, but I love Jillian Michaels. I would love for her to come kick my butt and yell at me. I loved the comment the Dad made about how he thought she'd be bigger lol

The family really did look great at the end, Jillian is a life changer, it must be so rewarding helping people like that.