Starting over again is gonna be tough...

Options
... but hold on, we're gonna make it!

Day 1 (The 3rd day 1? The 4th? The 5TH??) - I've started MFP many times over the past couple of years and do well until some really oddball meal, hard to calculate, and I decide to just make a wide estimate and enter a reasonable number. Somehow this demotivates me to the point where after a few days, I skip a day... then two.. then a week... and now it's been months since I logged anything. My wife has been religious about it, logging in more than 500 days in a row. She's a great example to me... I'm just stubborn. Or lazy... or possibly both.

Regardless, here we go again... Day 1 - Under my calorie budget by 301 today. They say the road of a thousand miles begins with a single step. So, my road of taking off 300 points begins with a single MFP entry. I don't do well with cheerleading and positive aphorisms, but I do respond well to a truly caring "How are you doing?" when someone wants to stay and hear the answer. So, you may not see me tossing out a random "atta-non-gender-specific" pat on the back when someone hits a goal, but if I ask you how you're doing, assume I care enough to ask, so I care enough to listen to the answer.

Thanks all! I'll try not to be a stranger... not to say I won't be strange.

Replies

• Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration with have to restart your journey repeatedly. I myself have gotten a lot of weight off only to let a stressful situation or sheer laziness stop my progress. I'm optimistic this time though because I am finding myself that bit more focused and have more of a support team behind me. I wish you all the best for you on your journey!
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You got this. :}
  • kath2810
    kath2810 Posts: 93
    Options
    All the best, good for you starting again, you can do it