Moore, Oklahoma.................

Options
squindles
squindles Posts: 350 Member
We are sooooooo fortunate here in the UK not to experience the horrors of tornadoes etc. Sending love & prayers to moore, Oklahoma at this devastating time. Hope it is a tiny bit of comfort to know fellow humans around the world share in your grief :cry:
Jackie xxx

Replies

• runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Moore seems to be such an unlucky place. I feel for the people of Moore. They must feel like they're cursed. It's constantly hit by big tornadoes almost year after year and I hear this one is even worse than the one that hit in 1999. My thoughts and and prayers go out to them and everyone in other places in the Midwest that have been affected by the violent weather.

We get our fair share of violent tornadoes here in South Africa but nowhere near as much as in the Midwest.
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It's been horrible here. The tornado hit only a few miles south of where I work and the devastation is unbelievable. I have a coworker who died in the storm and many more who have lost everything. Thank you for the support OP - it really means a lot.
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    It's so scary.

We're in Dallas, an EF4 came through just a little south of us last week.

The TORN:CON is at 7 today. I just wish I didn't have to be at work right now so I can be there with my daughter.

We're definantly getting a storm shelter in the near future! These big *kitten* tornadoes are sweeping houses right down to the slab.
  • TheRealAutumnShiranui
    TheRealAutumnShiranui Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you ma'am.
    One thing us okies are good at, is sticking together and helping one another. We always do :)
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Yes really terrible. I'm taking a Disaster Services training course so if my region of American Red Cross sends a team out I'm coming to help in whatever way I can. Can't afford to donate much of anything, but can afford to miss a few classes.