Best Peanut Butter?

Options
2»

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Firstly, yep PB2 is alright, if you want a ton of PB and no calories, go for it. You can get it for about £7 a jar in the UK. However, it has hardly any protein in it, and I would rather eat proper stuff

so PB2 has 5 grams of protein for 45 calories for 2 tablespoons where your "proper stuff" has 7 grams of protein for 180 calories for 2 tablespoons.
    I do not see the big difference in anything but the calories and fat. Although at that price I would probably eat regular peanut butter as it is nowhere near that expensive here in the States.
  • xtina1129
    xtina1129 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    PB2!!!!
  • MarshmallowLegs
    MarshmallowLegs Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Is that PB2 stuff powdered? What's the deal with that? Do please explain it :-)
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    You rehydrate the pb2 in water milk yogurt etc. For my money it isn't a substitute but good for adding extra protein.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you can get it there but PB2 is Amazing, very tasty and 45 calories for 2 Tablespoons.

DSC_0519-2-300x199.jpg

I love this stuff! Also, you can mix the plain with a teaspoon or 2 of honey...very nice

jonah-hill-excited.gif
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter. It has less sugar, and tastes AMAZING!!
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Adams-peanut-butter-350-kalynskitchen.jpg

Get this stuff! I'm hooked on it. :heart:
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Go to Holland and Barrett and buy Meridan Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter its amazing and healthy!
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I am looking to order a peanut butter online as most UK stores only stock the likes of Sun-Pat and Skippy, any recommendations??

Best peanut butter ever is fresh ground peanut butter from a natural foods/ whole foods store.
  • moulinette92
    moulinette92 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    the best one is 100% nutz, but it's an NZ brand so not sure if it's available elsewhere?

Agreed. That one is my favourite by far.

I also don't mind Pic's Really Good Peanut Butter if I can't get 100% Nutz.
  • deardevon
    deardevon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Import Jif from the US! It's worth it!
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you can get it there but PB2 is Amazing, very tasty and 45 calories for 2 Tablespoons.

DSC_0519-2-300x199.jpg

This..I LOVE this stuff....I even cook Thai food with it...

I wish I could talk the company into doing a similar thing with Hazelnuts so you have a nutella replacement...
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Firstly, yep PB2 is alright, if you want a ton of PB and no calories, go for it. You can get it for about £7 a jar in the UK. However, it has hardly any protein in it, and I would rather eat proper stuff

so PB2 has 5 grams of protein for 45 calories for 2 tablespoons where your "proper stuff" has 7 grams of protein for 180 calories for 2 tablespoons.
    I do not see the big difference in anything but the calories and fat. Although at that price I would probably eat regular peanut butter as it is nowhere near that expensive here in the States.

£7 a jar, that's like $10.00! yikes!! I think I'll stick with my 100% organic Peanuts + Salt for less $$.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I bought "Peanut Butter & Co - Old Fashioned Crunchy 100% Peanut Butter" from Selfridges in London.

Just peanuts and a little salt. Tastes good but it is a bit too runny.
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

£7 a jar, that's like $10.00! yikes!! I think I'll stick with my 100% organic Peanuts + Salt for less $$.

PB2 is about $5 a jar at Walmart. Not bad really. I love it in my protein shakes. They taste sooo yummy :)
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options

Actually I just checked and gram for gram it has less! I was wrong. Although 12g makes 2 tablespoons full and 12g of real PB is about 2/3 teaspoon. PB2 is not bad though, I use it in smoothies and protein bars but it is ridiculously expensive here. And I still prefer the taste and texture of proper PB. Plus I usually have the calories to spare, I might as well go full fat.

For comparison:

Pb2 12 g dry - 45cals 5g carbs/ 2g fat/ 5g protein/ 94mg salt/ 2g fibre
    Meridian 12 g - 69cals 1g carbs/ 6g fat/ 4g protein/ 1mg salt/ 1g fibre
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    if you are in the UK most big shops will stock whole earth peanut butter, you can get no added sugar etc. Love the whole earth crunchy! :)

Nom! Nom! Love Whole Earth crunchy!!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRm6LNn4y3T517-oPVG6io9t07THyL1-XK9GIf9hgdaEHuSN6B

The only peanut butter I will buy! Yum!!