Why or why not is shakeology right for me?

Options
jennie82
jennie82 Posts: 3 Member
I have a few family members on shakeo right now and they are doing amazing! I was going to jump on the "wagon" but just wanted some insight first on people who may currently be using or have. I just don't see how ANY type of meal replacement can be so popular without it actually working! Please ANY info to make my decision easier will be helpful! Thank you In advance.

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would you spend $120+ on something that is nothing more than protein powder and vitamin supplement?

This has been discussed in length. If I find the old threads to post here for your perusal, I will return. :flowerforyou:
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Agree with above.

Also, not sustainable! Eat food!
  • vicgvro
    vicgvro Posts: 10
    Options
    I think Shakeology is great it has worked for me! It is not a protean sake it is a meal replacement shake, made to be a healthy meal, not to be a work out drink. When you add it up it is 4.30$ a day. Where else can you get a meal that healthy for that low of a price??
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I drink shakeology as my afternoon snack or protein shake after lifting weights. It gives me energy and tons of vitamins that are not in any other product on the market. It has no artificial sugar and every ingredient on the label you can read. It tastes great, if you don't like you don't have to buy it, I don't get why it's such a heated topic.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I drink shakeology as my afternoon snack or protein shake after lifting weights. It gives me energy and tons of vitamins that are not in any other product on the market. It has no artificial sugar and every ingredient on the label you can read. It tastes great, if you don't like you don't have to buy it, I don't get why it's such a heated topic.

^^And I'd bet she'd be more than happy to sell you some as well.

I love food. I love chewing my food. No way could I handle living off shakes. Every great once in a while I choke down a protein shake to meet my requirement, but mostly I go for chicken and fish to meet those goals.

Also, do you really want to spend that kind of money for the rest of your life to maintain your loss? Maintaining a simple calorie deficit seems like the way to go to me.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I think we have beat this topic to death ...

but I am in for repeat...

anyway, all a shake type diet is going to do is force you to calorie restrict..

In the end it boils down to eating in deficit, watching/hitting macros, and working out more ...and the best part, that is pretty much free...

so save your money...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I think Shakeology is great it has worked for me! It is not a protean sake it is a meal replacement shake, made to be a healthy meal, not to be a work out drink. When you add it up it is 4.30$ a day. Where else can you get a meal that healthy for that low of a price??

meal replacement and protein shake are essentially the same thing...
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

Every MLM product is the best.....everyone knows that.
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You can use any good quality protein powder with AMAZING GRASS green superfood powder and it's the same exact thing as shakeology. I used to use shakeology and after months and months realized I was wasting money. I now use the amazing grass powder in my regular protein and it's the same thing and easier on my checkbook. You're welcome.

I want to add that using this as a meal replacement is not healthy. Eat food for meals. I drink my shake post-workout. It's a good balance of carbs and protein.
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    I have used Shakeology before and absolutely loved the way it made me feel, I stopped ordering it last year when I purchased my nutribullet (which I absolutely love by the way), if I had the opportunity to get my hands on some more I would love to, but I have been using fresh and frozen fruits and veggies in my nutribullet as breakfast! But good luck to you! Oh and it does what they say it does, I had more energy, stayed fuller longer, and felt better!
  • FreddyObrian
    FreddyObrian Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself, if I let this company dictate my diet and I get results, would I be able to sustain the results I made if I quit purchasing it.

The problem with these diets is that you're not learning nutrition. Learn that it's all about the macronutrients, this is the ultimate diet, and it's free! Plenty of information here and all over the interwebs :D Think of your calories as currency and spend them as you wish. Of course, it's wise to spend them properly on fat/carbs/protein, but as long as you're in a caloric deficit, you will lose weight :) This is what the program you mentioned does, forcefully, without learning why you're losing weight.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Here's another angle to consider.

Say you go ahead and buy into the shake. Say it works for you and you get accustomed to drinking them every day and you lose weight and feel awesome..

....then they go out of business and you're stuck having to eat readily available real food.

.....what then?
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I HIGHLY suggest getting a sample before you spend $120 on Shakeology...

I personally cannot stand the taste of it, most coaches will tell you how great it tastes and that it's the best thing in the world... Its very grainy, it tastes gross and personally I had to spit it out, and I've tried it more than once.

Another friend of mine (former coach) wound up being very bloated from it and not losing any weight from it at all.

The cleanse they have you do, is not a sufficient enough of calories to last you through the day, which I believe is 3 shakes a day 1 snack and dinner..

You could go out and get yourself a good blender and make smoothies at home by adding Hemp seed and other nutrients.. and it would cost less and taste better.
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Been using it regularly for over three years and still working great. I've gone a few months here or there without using it and eating clean, keeping my results. For me it's more convenient then taking several vitamins, plus a protein shake, then making breakfast.
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I was a skeptic as well. But, I jumped on the wagon and I love it. I drink it WHEN I WANT TO for dinner. I emphasize that because I don't feel obligated or forced to have it every single day. It is perfect if you're a busy person and don't have time to cook in the evenings, or whenever you choose to drink it.

And contrary to what others think, it does fill you up and satisfy your hunger. You wont know unless you try.
  • weinbagel
    Options
    Been using it regularly for over three years and still working great. I've gone a few months here or there without using it and eating clean, keeping my results. For me it's more convenient then taking several vitamins, plus a protein shake, then making breakfast.

yes! same.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    After researching Shakeology I found that several ingredients are dangerous when combined with medications I use daily to treat my chronic autoimmune disorder. I strongly urge anyone taking any kind of medication or supplements to do some research!
  • weinbagel
    Options
    Here's another angle to consider.

Say you go ahead and buy into the shake. Say it works for you and you get accustomed to drinking them every day and you lose weight and feel awesome..

....then they go out of business and you're stuck having to eat readily available real food.

.....what then?

Then you eat real/whole/natural food, and nothing changes.
  • weinbagel
    Options
    I have used Shakeology before and absolutely loved the way it made me feel, I stopped ordering it last year when I purchased my nutribullet (which I absolutely love by the way), if I had the opportunity to get my hands on some more I would love to, but I have been using fresh and frozen fruits and veggies in my nutribullet as breakfast! But good luck to you! Oh and it does what they say it does, I had more energy, stayed fuller longer, and felt better!

Good for you!