Maintenance Mode!!

jnichole68
jnichole68 Posts: 7
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I just reached Maintenance Mode. I am so proud of myself, but I am terrified that when the calories adjusted by 500 calories per day, I'm going to gain all my weight back. I went from 1300 calories losing 1 lb/week to now eating 1800 to maintain. Any success with this or are people having to adjust the numbers so that they CAN actually maintain?

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    we have LOTS of long term members that can reassure you, have no fear. I'm not there yet, but congratulations on reaching maintenance!!! Great job!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Congrats on reaching your goal!!

I have to admit that maintenance mode is more intimidating than actually losing the weight to me--I've promised myself not to get complacent and continue to log my food and exercise to stay on track. If you follow maintenance there really is no reason you should gain it all back.

What I've done is slowly ramp up towards maintenance by adding 50cals a week as I approach my goal weight. I'm still losing faster than my deficit predicts, though, so I think I'm going to overshoot my goal and then having a period of adjustment to find the right maintenance level is probably inevitable.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.