NSV: Ran 5km for the first time today!

Options
khall86790
khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
As I said above, I ran 5km for the first time today and I feel amazing for it!
Don't get me wrong, my legs are killing me and after running 4 days in a row to build up to this, I need a well deserved rest day tomorrow BUT WOOOHOOO! Hit my running target! Now for the next one!

Replies

• 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I bet you will be addicted to them now.
  • khall86790
    Options
    Yeah I have to admit I've become pretty addicted to running lately, I love how I feel for the rest of the day after I've been.
    I haven't run in a proper 5km run yet, but now I know I can hit 5km it's my target to run one in the next month or two!
  • RonandDi
    RonandDi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I know how you feel...It's only been a few months since I did the same thing. It is an awesome feeling, and very addicting. Keep it up.
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's a terrific milestone!
  • khall86790
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, my legs are killing me and after running 4 days in a row to build up to this, I need a well deserved rest day tomorrow BUT WOOOHOOO! Hit my running target! Now for the next one!

Congratulations!! I can't wait until I can claim the same think from running outside, but I know when I ran 5 km on the treadmill, I actually cried tears of joy when I hopped off :smile:. Good work!!
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    fantastic job!!
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It only gets better from here! Congrats!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Congratualtions!

I ran in a 10K last month with no training other than a couple of days to get a sense of pace. I ran 6 days and 4 days before the race and then gave my muscles a chance to recover.

I have added interval training (run/walk) to build endurance in conjunction with core strengthening. What I found is that there are a different set of muscles that are stressed compared to fast-paced walking and hiking.

A word to the wise. If your muscles are feeling sore, make sure you give yourself recovery days to recover and heal.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options

By the way, you totally inspired me to get off my bottom and go see how far I could run outside :smile: -- I ran 5km too!! Thanks for the inspiration, it is an incredible feeling!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You are too awesome!
  • JaimeCST
    JaimeCST Posts: 118
    Options
    Great job! It is an amazing feeling. Keep up the good work!
  • khall86790
    Options

By the way, you totally inspired me to get off my bottom and go see how far I could run outside :smile: -- I ran 5km too!! Thanks for the inspiration, it is an incredible feeling!!

Aaaaahhh that makes me very happy! Way to go!!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That is a huge accomplishment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!