Bloat?

kcdrake
kcdrake Posts: 512
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I know that water is the best way to get rid of sodium-induced bloat, but I was wondering if there as anything else to help make this bloat go away more quickly. I just feel huge, and I know TOM isn't helping.
If anybody has any (non chemical) suggestions I'd really appreciate it. I already drink 10+ cups of water a day regurarly.

Replies

• Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Green Tea...decaf or caf.
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    maybe try cutting out wheat. I had to cut it out due to allergies so i had HUGH bloating after eating it, but i know people who also get this bloat from wheat with no allergy to it. If you want to try cutting out wheat but still want bread etc the genius wheat free bread s yummy and so is wheat free pasts. You could also try having some of your cups of water boiled :-D
  • Sodium induced bloat? Increase your potassium. Eat a sweet potato or a Banana or two.

"A potassium-rich diet also blunts the effects of salt on blood pressure"

http://www.health.gov/dietaryguidelines/dga2005/document/html/chapter8.htm
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    You can get rid of bloat in 2 days if you work at it. One idea is cutting out most carbs (stay under 75 grams) and don't eat any sort of bread or gluten products. Also stay away from beans and broccoli. Another idea is drinking a cup of dandelion tea (natural water retention buster) for 2 days. Also, and a last resort but sometimes necessary for time of month issues, is taking a Diurex, which helps with menstral related puffiness.
This discussion has been closed.