TDEE advice

Options
Hi

Ive been reading on here about eating calories in accordance with your TDEE calculation. i have gone to calculate mine and im a bit confused. There is an option for 'desk job' which i have but there is also an option for moderate excerise 3-5 days a week, which i also do as i go to the gym after work most days and i also do jillian michaels dvd every morning. Does anyone know which option i should choose? should i choose desk job and then log my exercise on MFP or should i choose moderate exercise and not log exercise on MFP?

Also do you take your TDEE calculation as your new calorie goal, i have always gone by the 1200 that MFP set me but since i have upped my exercise its just not enough

Replies

• Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    If you do both options, therefore you should select both. Daily activity is to calculate calories without exercises, so you have to select also how often you work out, because if you do not count that in as well you will be in bigger calorie deficit than you think.
    If there is just one option and you have to chose between those two then pick "moderate excerise 3-5 days a week".

If you are using myfitnesspal to calculate this then just select your daily activity level. It will account for burned cals once you log them.

Personally I use http://www.freedieting.com/ to calculate my cal needs, what I also suggest, I find that the most accurate. There is also clarifications below to what option to chose if you are confused. If you use this then do not log exercises in MFP cos they are already accounted for.