Anyone else tried the 5/2?

Options
I started this last week (5 days eating healthily and two days - not consecutive - eating 500 calories). Have very surprisingly found the 500 days fairly easy and equally surprising not Hank Marvin the next day.

I am only doing this for another two weeks, as I have a lovely new outfit for my son's wedding that I want to feel comfortable in and will be going back to normal calories after that.

I just wondered if anyone else had done this and how they got on?

Replies

• boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 5:2 since January (with a couple of holidays when I haven't fasted) and love the flexibility of it. There's a '5:2 Fasting' group if you want to see how others are getting on and share ideas/experiences. A lot of us are doing it for the health benefits not just weight loss - I'm now just fasting 1 day a week to maintain my weight but still get the benefits of fasting and intend to carry on like this.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    There's a 5:2 group here on mfp :)

I did alternate day IF for weight loss and had great success with it. Tried 5:2 for maintenance but kept losing, so then I went down to just one IF day a week. Now I'm trying the 8/16 IF eating window to see if that helps stabilize my maintenance weight.
  • christied829
    Options
    I am doing 5:2 and am having good success with it. I really like it!
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Ah thank you boroko and momzeeee. I'll take a look at the 5:2 group, sounds interesting and will be great to see how others are doing :smile:
  • kathymhardy
    Options
    Thank you too, Christie. I am soooooo surprised how easy it is!
  • kathymhardy
    Options
    Where will I find the 5:2 group please?
  • allencincinnati
    allencincinnati Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of it, I am interested where can I learn more about this 5/2 is there a website? Thanks.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Where will I find the 5:2 group please?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/7953-5-2-fasting