Options
    Open faced bacon butty

What is that?!
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Open faced bacon butty

What is that?!

A 'butty' is what they call a sandwich in the UK, open faced is usually just the bottom slice of bread covered in the toppings with no top..
  • msalvas
    msalvas Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm looking for the same options, since my doctor eliminated wheat and sugar from my diet (along with omega 6). The one thing that works for me is a strawberry/banana smoothie with greek yogurt, almond milk and either chia seeds or flaxseed meal. I buy bananas in advance and let them ripen, then I peel them and freeze them in a container or two (so I have them for weeks). The frozen strawberries and bananas serve as ice, so I don't need to water down the drink. I sometimes add frozen pineapple or mango. No sweeteners are needed, but honey or maple syrup (in limited amounts) are some options.
  • msalvas
    msalvas Posts: 3
    Options
    I strongly agree with you on the egg options. I had a broccoli and egg breakfast with sprouted bread this morning. In a small micro-wavable bowl, cook a 1/2 cup of fresh broccoli for one minute. Stir in the egg, then cook for one more minute. Talk about fast! Here are some egg-mug recipes from Hungry Girl: http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1499
  • m3x43
    m3x43 Posts: 40
    Options
    When I'm sick of eggs (and I eat some form of eggs almost every day), this is my go to alternative from Linda's Low Carb Recipes.com :

PERFECT LC PANCAKES

1 cup almond flour (3 ounces)
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    Generous dash salt
    3 eggs
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1 teaspoon granular Splenda
    2 tablespoons water, as needed *
    Mix all of the ingredients, except the water, in a medium bowl with a fork. Add enough water until you have a pancake batter consistency. Heat some oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until a splash of water thrown into the pan sizzles. Ladle about 1/4 cup batter per pancake into the skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown. Flip them when the tops look lumpy from air bubbles.

Makes 4 pancakes

Per Pancake: 179 Calories; 14g Fat; 9g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2.5g Dietary Fiber; 2.5g Net Carbs
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I strongly agree with you on the egg options. I had a broccoli and egg breakfast with sprouted bread this morning. In a small micro-wavable bowl, cook a 1/2 cup of fresh broccoli for one minute. Stir in the egg, then cook for one more minute. Talk about fast! Here are some egg-mug recipes from Hungry Girl: http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1499

Thanks! Those look good! I think I will give them a try. :smile:
  • cluelessang
    cluelessang Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    quest protein bars (low in carb and high in fiber). yummy too :)
  • TrenaW3
    TrenaW3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am not a big yogurt eater. But In the morning (when I am tired of eggs) and I know I need a little change, I mix cottage cheese and greek vanilla yogurt together for a quick on the go meal.
  • ryeman77
    ryeman77 Posts: 2
    Options
    Atkins Peanut Fudge Granola Bar with two large glasses of water
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Atkins Peanut Fudge Granola Bar with two large glasses of water

Yea, those are really stinkin good! lol.