JoLean Extreme

Options
Hi! I just started JoLean Extreme and I was wondering how much protein I should eat in order to build muscle while burning fat. I'm female, 5'3 and weigh 159. I would love to get closer to 130, but as long as I'm fit/toned, I'd be happy being a little heavier. Does anyone have any suggestions with this workout regimen? Should I add extra cardio? How much protein? Thanks!

Replies

• pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    JoLean Extreme sounds like a bootleg version of Chalene Extreme.
  • Romaida
    Romaida Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oops.. sorry, I meant ChaLean Extreme.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I figured that's what you meant. Just a little humor. I haven't tried any of Chalene's stuff. Turbo Fire looks nice but I'm not good at remembering steps.
  • Romaida
    Romaida Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have TurboFire also. I'm not that great at it but I can do that better than something like Zumba lol
  • InspiredSAM
    InspiredSAM Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've not personally done the ChaLEAN Extreme, but I have a good friend who swears by it and its her all time favorite weight lifting regimen. Hopefully you can pick it up and love it as much as she does!

As far as how much protein, that's really up to you and what your eating plan is right now. I know that I have my macros set for 30/40/40, but I always go over on my protein. I don't think you can go wrong with quality, lean protein, especially when lifting. If you're hoping to loose some weight too, I would definitely recommend adding two days of cardio into your routine.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started JoLean Extreme and I was wondering how much protein I should eat in order to build muscle while burning fat. I'm female, 5'3 and weigh 159. I would love to get closer to 130, but as long as I'm fit/toned, I'd be happy being a little heavier. Does anyone have any suggestions with this workout regimen? Should I add extra cardio? How much protein? Thanks!

Ha! I had to laugh too at the JoLean Extreme....I figured you meant Chalean Extreme. I've done 3 rounds of CE; not back to back but overall; great program and you will see results! It's actually my go to summer program! Have you gone through the diet guide booklet that came with the program? That will help you figure out your eating. The key is to eat lean proteins. I wouldn't add extra cardio; do the program as it's laid out; it works. And remember, you'll hear Chalene say this time and again, "Muscle burns fat." It really does. So, my biggest suggestion to you is DO NOT get obsessed with the number on the scale. You are going to be gaining muscle but remember, you'll be leaning out too. Your body shape will change. Stick with it and I think you'll be happy with it!
  • Immerito
    Immerito Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm on week three of Chalean extreme and loving it. :)