10 lb goal

Options
mimipuma
mimipuma Posts: 4 Member
Hi...

I've never joined a site like this before, but tracking my exercise and diet has been a good tool for me before. I work in a field where I have to be active all the time, but between winter-time office days and spending time between jobs, I'm not at the fitness level I'd like to be. I'm also starting graduate school in the fall and I DON'T want to start that overweight and eating poorly, as I met and previously conquered my "freshman 15" and "sophomore 10"... Don't want that battle again.

I'm currently 136 lbs and 5'3. I think the lowest I've weighed at this height was 117, but that was as a teenager. The fittest I've been fluctuated between 126-128, though I was carrying a lot of muscle at 128. I might be interested in losing more weight after reaching my first goal, but my biggest goal is really to be strong, improve my stamina and feel capable while hiking and backpacking this summer.

Given past results, either the first six pounds drop off quickly (maybe) because my body knows they don't belong, or I spend weeks building muscle, staring at the frozen scale. Even though I know I'm improving not seeing both change can be demoralizing. After hitting 130 it also tends to get a lot harder to lose more weight.

If there's anyone in this boat - losing those last stubborn pounds - I'd love to hear about how it's going, and how you stay motivated.

Replies

• CrystalynneSK
    Options
    Hi Mimi!

I finally make the choice to do my weight loss for myself - and really that's been the kick in the pants that I needed.

Prior to having my revelation, I wanted to lose weight to get into cute clothes, to impress my husband more, or to fit in to what I felt was the 'norm' in my workplace. It stuck for a while, and then it all went to pot.

I've achieved almost 15 pounds since I started two months ago, and I haven't felt deprived at all. I found that if I weigh myself twice a week, and ONLY twice a week, it also helps me look forward to my progress. When I was weighing myself every day I would get bummed out if 'gained' an ounce that was most likely water weight anyway.
  • laurar428
    laurar428 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I have about 10 more lbs to lose and they are stubborn! Also, since I started P90X the scale hasn't budged:) Feel free to add me if you like!! I think the last few lbs are the hardest to lose. I can't wait to get to a point of maintenence and just focus on toning up.
  • purethrill
    purethrill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My numbers are very similar to yours. The pounds have crept up over the years and after two children, I am stuck. Unlike you, I have been on at least one or two other websites, but quickly became distracted. My goal is to really build a relatively healthy diet and regular exercise routine into my daily life. I have about 10 pounds to lose, but despite a really good start, the weight is not coming off as quickly as I would like. Currently at 135 pounds at 5'2". I was my happiest self at about 110, but am aiming for a fit 125 with good muscle tone. Would like company!