My wedding is in 19 days- I need some help...

Options
So this is my first time actually posting. My wedding is in 19 days! I just had a kid 2 months ago so I'm really struggling on my weight (I purchased my dress way before I knew I was pregnant and alterations are a couple hundred dollars so id like to skip that.) I gained 40 pounds while pregnant (I went a little crazy). I used to be 112 pounds (my ideal weighr) and my weight was 147 when pregnant. I got down to 123.6 pounds. I know I won't get to 112 pounds in 19 days but I want to get down as much as possible (without starving myself) so I can fit in my wedding dress. I calculated my BMR today and it said it was 1,286 calories. This seems really low to me, especially because I thought you were suppose to eat below your BMR to lose weight? So now I'm really confused on how many calories I'm suppose to be eating to lose weight (I heard anything under 1,200 wasn't healthy). I have been doing the 30 day shred (pretty much all I can do with two kids right now) and I have been eating a little over half of my excersize calories back. I have been losing VeRY slowly and I feel like I am doing something wrong. I have been eating healthy, besides my bachorlette party where I went over because of the alcohol and mixed drinks, however I do keep my diary closed because I am too lazy to put all my food into the categories (so it looks like I ate nothing for breakfast and lunch and had a three course meal for dinner because its just faster for me to log it that way). I'm just confused with how many calories I should be eating based on my BMR and if I should be eating my excersize calories back (since my BMR seems really low?). Anyway, pretty much any advice would be awesome right now.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You want to eat more than your BMR, not less. Your BMR is the number of calories your body burns keeping you alive. You don't want to drop below that for any extended length of time.

What you're thinking of is your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). Plenty of places online to calculate it (http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html). It's usually recommended that you eat about 20% less than that.

How far is your dress from fitting right now? 19 days isn't a lot of time to see a major change in body composition.
  • awoodz13
    awoodz13 Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh ok, that makes a lot more sense, thank you ! And My dress zips up but it is tight. I want to be able to breath normally, so I'm hoping a pound or two would help it fit better. But it's been such a slow weight loss.