CELEBRATION IDEAS NOT CENTERED AROUND FOOD!!!

Help! I pretty much DOUBLED my calorie goal yesterday. It was my sister's birthday and the cookies and cake I went overboard with... I even stopped counting what I ate because I lost count.

So.... Anyone know of any ways to celebrate like a birthday or something and not center the event around food?!

Or at least... how do you not get excited when everyone else is indulging????

And please don't say "Just don't eat it."

Thanks!!

Replies

• zingab
    zingab Posts: 2 Member
    Have a spa party. Those are fun and go really well with a veggie tray.
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Take everybody to the zoo..........or a concert.............or a movie...........or a museum. Do something useful in celebration like volunteering as a group at a race or other event, a homeless shelter, etc. etc.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Help! I pretty much DOUBLED my calorie goal yesterday. It was my sister's birthday and the cookies and cake I went overboard with... I even stopped counting what I ate because I lost count.

So.... Anyone know of any ways to celebrate like a birthday or something and not center the event around food?!

Or at least... how do you not get excited when everyone else is indulging????

And please don't say "Just don't eat it."

Thanks!!

So do you mean you "lost count" because you had multiple pieces of cake & lots of cookies? Was there more than one cake?

I ask because on Mother's Day I was at a gathering where a bunch of different desserts were served ~ I took a tiny sliver of everything I wanted and in the end I guesstimated it equaled one piece. Basically I just stuck to portion control as opposed to not eating it.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    that's a good idea... then I won't feel deprived... Mother's day turned into a dessert disaster for me as well.... One Cake... I lost count of how many cookies I had... They were the Jumbo ones... I still feel sick this morning... so I wasnt able to eat breakfast.. my stomach still hurts...

I really like the idea of trying slivers of everything.... thanks :)