eating sugar

I posted about this once before: I had been doing really great with minimizing the carbs and refined sugar. (I still eat some carbs, just a lot less than I had before, but I don't eat almost any refined sugar).

Over the weekend, I had a birthday party at an Italian restaurant and I ate penne alla vodka and chocolate mousse cake.

(I also ate other things like fruit, salad, calrmari, etc)- but I knew those two above were the high caloric/fat/sugar.

Then!!! I was given seveal pieces of chocolate mousse cake to take home and I ate all of the chocolate mousse out of the cake the next day! I thought I was going to gain ...something!

Plus I had a very inactive weekend because my hike was canceled due to the rain and I stayed in bed most of the weekend writing a paper.

But instead of gaining weight, I lost!

How can this be? I feel like I should throw all this diet stuff out the window if I am going to lose weight when I eat the *wrong* things.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    You have your daily goal set very low, which can cause your body to hold onto fat instead of releasing it. A cheat day or refeed day gives your body what it needs to release the extra weight. You might see more success if you increased your calories (You really, really shouldn't be eating less than 1200).
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    welp, you probably consumed less calories over the weekend then you burned which made you lose weight. cutting carbs, refined sugars and "bad" foods isnt a magic trick to lose. Anyone who believes that is really just a fear mongerer.