Up 3.5lbs Down 2 sizes 0.o

Options
So frustrating to see the scale moving up even though I'm down from size 12 to size 10. Last month I was down 5lbs, this month I'm up 3.5lbs from last month. I know it's probably muscle and etc.... still frustrating!

Replies

• tfamuyide
    tfamuyide Posts: 2
    Options
    I know what you mean. I have also seen changes in how clothes fit but the scale is not changing :( Even worse, its going up :(:(
    Anyone with advise on how to handle this?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yes losing a size is so frustrating...
  • ShaeFehr
    ShaeFehr Posts: 3
    Options
    I think it's important to pay more attention to your measurements rather than your weight. Over the winter when I was very inactive I was consitently and reliably losing weight. Now I attend bootcamp classes 4 times a week, go kayaking and play tennis regularly. It was somewhat depressing at first to see that my trend in weight loss discontinued the more active I became, until I realize how good this was. I am gaining weight in muscle tissue and becoming much more toned. Although I'm not necessarily losing a whole lot in inches either, I'm still looking and FEELING better, which should be all that matters. If you need to lose weight, and you are following the instructions on this site, it will happen, but you need to be patient. If you rush this process you will regret it when the weight comes piling back on because of "starvation mode".
  • CalynZeigs
    CalynZeigs Posts: 34
    Options
    Yes losing a size is so frustrating...

What exactly are you doing in the motivation and support forum?

*edit* nvm, found the ignore user option ;-)
  • CalynZeigs
    Options
    I think it's important to pay more attention to your measurements rather than your weight. Over the winter when I was very inactive I was consitently and reliably losing weight. Now I attend bootcamp classes 4 times a week, go kayaking and play tennis regularly. It was somewhat depressing at first to see that my trend in weight loss discontinued the more active I became, until I realize how good this was. I am gaining weight in muscle tissue and becoming much more toned. Although I'm not necessarily losing a whole lot in inches either, I'm still looking and FEELING better, which should be all that matters. If you need to lose weight, and you are following the instructions on this site, it will happen, but you need to be patient. If you rush this process you will regret it when the weight comes piling back on because of "starvation mode".

I agree! And thank you for nice, motivational reply. I use to experience the same thing. My main goal atm though is to loose weight for health reasons, so it is frustrating not to see the scale moving down. But I agree overall this is a good thing, or I wouldn't have mentioned that I had lost a size and understand it's muscle, I would have just focused on the fact I was back up 3.5lbs. Just needed to hear from some others that had been there and understood, so I really appreciate your taking time to reply!
  • CalynZeigs
    Options
    I know what you mean. I have also seen changes in how clothes fit but the scale is not changing :( Even worse, its going up :(:(
    Anyone with advise on how to handle this?

I'm sure you'll start to see drops soon!