Help! I can't control my eating :(

From the start of year I've been doing really well, doing 30 day shred and alternate day fasting (5:2 ) diet. Recently I lost my job and spent a month off where I did nothing but sit at home annoyed about having no money etc and just lost all of my motivation and control of my eating. I've just started a new job and get home earlier than normal and I just cannot control my eating when I come home, even on the way home I go into the shops to 'browse' and just end up with mounds of chocolate! I've even started hiding my eating from other people. I just eat and eat at home with no limit and I'm not even hungry.

Does anyone have any tips on re-gaining my control of my eating and getting back on track?

Thank you !

Replies

• javajunco
    javajunco Posts: 81
    It's really hard to break a habit without replacing it with a different habit. For me, whenever I want to snack, I have retrained myself to reach for the water, first. Then I wait a few, and if I still really want to eat something I do, but I try to make it something healthy, like fruit. (Potato chips are my downfall, though, I have to admit.)