so tired today....

Amandac6772
Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I am so tired today. It's day 3 and I know if I can get "over the hump" that tomorrow I will feel great. Any adivce on how to perk up other than 47 gallons of coffee (tried it, didn't work...lol)!!!

Amanda

Replies

• TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    I'm in the same boat! I have been doing some experimenting with breakfast and what I eat definitely affects me. For example, if I have oatmeal and fruit, I'm loopy and hyper. If I have an omelette, I'm clear-thinking and energized.

As for the coffee, it's a mixed bag of tricks. I have to limit it. A small cup in the morning because I love it, but any more and I get jittery and it makes the situation worse.

Also, you said it's day 3. Sometimes your body just has to get used to changes...

But... it IS Wednesday! hehe
  • Amandac6772
    I think the breakfast is the key too. I didn't eat as much for breakfast this morning. I'm not hungry which is a good thing but I'm just not able to get motivated. Coffee is my weakness and I know I need to cut back.

I love, love, love your quote in your signature!!!
  • Try eggs in the morning, or if you can, get your exercise in as early as possible in your day...I find that if I workout in the morning, I can get through my day without being tired, and can stick to my 1 cup of coffee a day. The eggs will keep you full until lunch or snack time, and since they are not sugary, you won't "crash" from the sugar.

Hope this helps :)
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Can you get up and walk around for a few minutes to get your blood moving? We all have days that we're sluggish. I generally try to stay away from excess coffee b/c I end up feeling crazy, but it is so yummy!

And thanks!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Water and fresh, raw fruits and vegetables!
  • Amandac6772
    Thanks Kcampbell...I'm lucky that I love eggs and eat them most mornings. Tropicalkitty, I work close to the post office so I think I will "volunteer" to walk up and check the mail to just get myself moving.

A
  • Same boat here. I got up at 4:30 to work out (so pathetic that is my only time to myself) and it is now 9:30 and I have no idea how I am going to make it through work then home with the kids then hopefully another run/or at least a walk with the dog. All I want to do is crash!
    I love coffee too, I could go for a nice iced right about now!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Protein for breakfast generally helps. You also might try doing a little exercise when you wake up to get you going. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Amandac6772
    I get up at 4:30 to workout too....I was sore and tired this morning and I could have just rolled over but I didn't. I have always exercised until the last year so I know I can do it, just getting back into the habit.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    must be something in the air today...i am exhausted too!!! then again rainy, gray days don't help a bit either!!! hope you perk up soon :)
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    The cat stole my pillow last night... that's my story.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    If you are on day three of starting a new weight loss plan it could contribute to how tired you are feeling. When I started the plan I am following 1200 calories, (very little carbs and only very complex ones and no sugar) the sudden change made me exhausted the first week. It helps to drink a lot of water and get more sleep. The first week I was in bed by 9PM. I think the extra sleep was key to making it through the first week. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.