THIS ONE IS FOR THE FEMALES...

Hello Ladies.... It's officially been 1 whole year without my period.... it stopped when I lost 10 pounds. I'm not underweight.. my doctor said she wouldnt recommend gaining anymore.. she suggested maybe INCREASING MY CHOLESTEROL. I've been eating eggs everyday for almost a year...

just wondering if anyone else's diet changes have caused them to stop their period???

Replies

• mckellipgirl
    mckellipgirl Posts: 63 Member
    I wish. That sounds lovely.
  • BrittanyNBuchanan
    BrittanyNBuchanan Posts: 68 Member
    I wish. That sounds lovely.

I second that!!!
  • JLPaige
    JLPaige Posts: 194
    I lost mine for a couple of years while I was struggling with anorexia. But you said you aren't underweight so I'm not sure what would be causing that. Have you thought about going on the pill to help regulate your cycle? That's what they ended up doing for me.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Hello Ladies.... It's officially been 1 whole year without my period.... it stopped when I lost 10 pounds. I'm not underweight.. my doctor said she wouldnt recommend gaining anymore.. she suggested maybe INCREASING MY CHOLESTEROL. I've been eating eggs everyday for almost a year...

just wondering if anyone else's diet changes have caused them to stop their period???

Sounds to me like it's past time for a second medical opinion.
  • Gemalar
    Gemalar Posts: 301 Member
    Since losing a little weight mine have gotten stupid heavy.....not sure if this is related at all so will b seeing the doc. Id go back to you doc again as I think this needs investigating.......a year is a long time
  • I've never had that issue. I would check with the Dr and make sure it's not something hormonal. I know being underweight or very over weight can affect our cycles, but I have never heard about it happening when at a healthy weight.
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Have you talked to your doctor about the possibility that it is NOT your food choices that have stopped your period? Possibly another medical condition such as PCOS?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    I once did not get my period for ten months. Then I had a baby.
  • I suggest getting another opinion, personally.
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member

:huh: yea....same here.....unless there is a serious medical issue, this should not be happening
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    are you eating enough? That and over working out too much can def halt it
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    no u need to go to the dr
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Is the doctor you're talking about a gynecologist? I'd go see one if not. Actually, go see a different one, even if this one is a gynecologist.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    *blank stare*
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    1. As suggested, please see another ob/gyn
    2. You may not ovulate... which means you may have one hella time getting pregnant if that's the case.
    3. Birth control to force your period may be advisable (was for me).
    4. This isn't totally unheard of. It happens more often than people may think. Don't freak, but see a different doctor and get some tests to figure out exactly what the cause is as it may directly impact your fertility and other health matters.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Are you on birth control?
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    I would seek another opinion.

I have the opposite happen. I have highly irregular periods, but when I started losing weight things started happening again.

I'd see someone else just to make sure everything is okay in there, as it could have stopped for a reason unrelated to the dieting and exercise.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    I hear that heavy lifting can make your ovaries fall out . . .

Seriously, OP - GO TO A DIFFERENT DOCTOR
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Was the doctor that prescribed eating more cholesterol a Gynecologist? Have you seen a GYN?