Back pain when running

fowlmeli1093
fowlmeli1093 Posts: 199
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I have the same pain everytime I run or speed walk for awhile. It is my mid back on my right side..any ideas??

Replies

• dmcpage
    dmcpage Posts: 66 Member
    Do you tend to tilt forward a bit when you run or speed walk? If so, that can give you a back ache in no time. In addition to stretching your legs and arms, it would still be a good idea to stretch your back or do strength training for your back to make sure all muscles are up to snuff.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    You might try doing a Yoga dvd a couple of times a week. It really helps to stretch and strengthen your back. Core exercises (like Pilates) are good for that too. If the pain happens every time, you should probably see your doctor to make sure you haven't strained something.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Is it possible that your arm swinging is very lopsided and your right arm is doing a motion that could be giving you that pain in that area?
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    If its close to the spine it could be related to the spine.

I always had really bad back pain when doing anything, and stupidly assumed it was muscle issues, but in reality my spine was curved, causing pain throughout my back even to the sides. I needed months of spinal correction from a chiropractor, now but back is amazing in comparison, the before/after X-Ray comparison is unreal.

So, if you don't go to a chiropractor, and have insurance that covers it to some degree, its worth a look.
This discussion has been closed.