Hello everybody!

Options
Hello MFP ! I have been using MFP for over a year now with my workouts programs. I have an Ectomorph morphology and have always had a hard time gaining muscle mass.

With MFP and a good lifting workout routine, i wont tell the name of the program unless some ask as i don't wan to advertise anything here, i gained over 7 pounds of lean muscle mass and got my body fat down 3% in 3 months.

I am really passionnate about fitness and i have been training at home for over 5 years now. I currently am doing a modified workout program of 4 days per week + 3 run of over 5 miles per week to get ready for 3 mud races i plan on attending this summer.

Always looking to chat with people sharing the same passion and dedication to having a fit body.

Dominic
Team Insane Results

Replies

• terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great job Dominic !! I can't wait until I have lost enough to run or even walk in a Marathon. Awesome job!!
  • rolemodel69
    rolemodel69 Posts: 365
    Options
    Thanks Terri ! I am sure you will get there. 119 pounds lost is already a lot! Great job!
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I just did my first 5K mud run Sunday it was awesome! I have another next month and then I want to do a 15K Tough Mudder in October. I am NOT a runner although I do workout 6 days a week (I am currently doing turbofire). I am starting to incorporate a run 3 days a week on top of everything though as Sunday showed me I need to work on that!!! Hoping to build some endurance for next time. Good luck!!!
  • sassyann45
    sassyann45 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! You look great!! Keep it up!! :-)
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    That pretty cool Arains! I got a Spartan Race on June 2, Tough Mudder on July 6 and Prison Break in september. Never did any mud race before so i am really looking foward to it.

I also run 3 days per week, your endurance will improve pretty fast if you stay commited every week. I know mine did, i was having a hard time running 3 km before and i can run a 10k in less than an hour now.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Thanks you SassyAnn!
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, I am just starting out on my own journey and have about 35 lb's to lose (always sounds less than 2 1/2 stone lol).

I am also looking forward to the day when I can actually run any distance, and also to when I can actually have some definition to my body.

Keep up the good work :smile:
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Harley, You already did the first step by taking the decision of losing weight. Now set yourself a plan and stick to it everyday and over time your body will change, your fitness will improve and you will reach your goal.

Rome wasn't build in a day and neither is your body. Hard work and dedication will give you the body you want!
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Just finished a 5K run. Did a ****ty time but did it anyway. Tomorrow Bulk arms and abs!
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Only 8 days left before my Spartan Race. Better be ready for 5k of mud in the cold !
  • harley1968
    Options
    Yeah that is very true, sometimes the hardest thing to do is to make the change in the first place.

I know it is going to take time, but I am determined to do it :smile:

Well done on your 5k run
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Harley, motivation is what get you started at first and it is habit that keep you going later. Commit to it and stay accountable and before you know it, you wont be able to skip your workout as it will be a habit for you.
  • harley1968
    Options
    I think you are right as when I have done the gym before I loved it, but then fell out of the habit over the Winter, but starting back this Saturday and looking forward to it :smile:
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Great Harley! Let us know how those first workouts went! Wish you good luck!