Losing it with Jillian

Options
sonjavon
sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
Did anyone watch this last night? What were your thoughts?

I loved it! I think you get to see a whole different side of Jillian Michaels on this show... the compassion as well as the hard as nails trainer. I love that it's dealing with the emotions, the lifestyle and everything that goes into the "fat mentality". I can't wait for next week.....

Replies

• karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    I liked the whole person approach to weight loss. It will be interesting to see the next week's episode. Although, I liked this one, we'll see if it's enough to hold my interest week after week.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Oh, I missed it! I wanted to watch it and the only thing that I watched last night was Tony Horton... no time for TV :( I wonder if I can watch it online at lunch? Does anyone know where I might find it?
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed the show. I like seeing her help them work through their personal issues as well. I think that is so important when going through this journey. Espeically seeing the girl still struggling after gastric bypass. Really makes you think that taking the easy way out sometimes isn't always beneficial to the person. You have to work on yourself inside and out when you go through a change like that. I can't wait till next week.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Oh, I missed it! I wanted to watch it and the only thing that I watched last night was Tony Horton... no time for TV :( I wonder if I can watch it online at lunch? Does anyone know where I might find it?

try hulu.com
  • crobby
    crobby Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard about her detox pills/ know if they work?
  • recyclebella
    Options
    YES! It is on Hulu. Watching it now. . .
  • erinmargaret76
    erinmargaret76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    LOVED IT!!!!!!!! i think more than the biggest loser. & i LOVE tbl!!!!!!
  • sonjavon
    Options
    I really enjoyed the show. I like seeing her help them work through their personal issues as well. I think that is so important when going through this journey. Espeically seeing the girl still struggling after gastric bypass. Really makes you think that taking the easy way out sometimes isn't always beneficial to the person. You have to work on yourself inside and out when you go through a change like that. I can't wait till next week.

I have friends who have had gastric bypass and it's so totally not the easy way out..,. in fact, I think it's harder than losing the weight naturally... the weight comes off so quickly and the brain does not have a chance to adapt.
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Loved the new show. Her comments are great, I like when the mom says, " Jillian, you're killing me" Jillian responded with No you're killing yourself with food. You can also understand people and felt just like the young girl so it was nice to know I am not crazy and others thing the same thing. The comment the girl made at dinner when Her dad said she was beautiful in her wedding dress and he could stare at her forever. . . she ruined it by saying yeah with my flabby arms. I do that all the time and Jillian is right, it totally kills the mood.

Loved it!
  • sonjavon
    Options
    Has anyone heard about her detox pills/ know if they work?

I wouldn't buy them. I know some people believe in the whole detox thing... but honestly my body does a pretty darn good job of detoxing itself when I'm eating the way I should! Does a detox make you feel better? Sure... doesn't everyone feel better after a good poo? LOL
  • RedneckWmn
    Options

I have friends who have had gastric bypass and it's so totally not the easy way out..,. in fact, I think it's harder than losing the weight naturally... the weight comes off so quickly and the brain does not have a chance to adapt.

I definitely agree that it's not the easy way out. I was saying that most people think it's the easy way out and the show proved that it's not. That the weight falls off so quickly you don't go through the changes emotionally that you would when you are working out and changing your diet etc. I have friends who have done it as well and they all regret it. They said it wasn't worth it. Ended up still un happy.
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I loved it!! I love BL, but I really enjoyed seeing Jillian in a new light. She is helping them work on the emotional aspect as well as the physical and that is a part we don't always see on BL. I can't wait to see the rest of the season :-)
  • jillwhite12
    jillwhite12 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I loved the show too! I just love Jillian, she's so tough but so sensitive at the same time... I can't wait until next week!
  • MsP90X
    Options

try hulu.com

THANK YOU! Watching it now, on my lunch break!
  • MsP90X
    Options
    It can only be watched from the States on Hulu... :(