Time to get serious! Looking for friends/motivation!

Options
Hey guys!

I joined MFP quite some time ago and was serious about using it at first and then kept slacking and using the typical excuses. I'm 23 and soon to be 24 in July, and frankly I'm too young to feel this way any longer. I'm currently at the heaviest I've ever been at 202lbs and I'm sick of the excuses. I was my happiest at 140/150lbs so that's my long term goal, as of now I'm just taking baby steps in the right direction. I am getting married in September to my very own prince charming and I'm so ready to rock my wedding dress and enjoy my big day in a healthier body! (not to mention I want his jaw to fall right off when he sees me)

Long story short: I need friends, motivation, success stories, and just someone to kick my butt when I need it! :)

Replies

• Shellbug75
    Shellbug75 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am always looking for new friends to help motivate them.
  • jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    you can add me I love helping others!!
  • Alamedagal
    Alamedagal Posts: 1
    Options
    I can always use friends to support and motivate me thru this process. Feel free to add me too!
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey lady, feel free to add me, 25 YO F, always down to help motivate others and add another friend, I've only really been consistent with MFP lately, trying to get better about it!
  • johanna123456
    Options
    hello i am new here
    i would also like to have some friends for motivation and help cause every diet i have done have failed
    i need to lose 5kg and some belly weight until 27 june (my birthday)
    so if you want add me :))
  • crankyangel76
    crankyangel76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You are most welcome to add me. Also, I will be starting up a new and Totally free, no string attached, challenge group on FB. It is a closed group for females only so we can post our sweaty mugs, daily motivation, health and fitness tips and positive motivation. If you are interested, please message me and I will send you me FB contact info. Regardless, you can add me as a Fitness Pal friend. The more the merrier. I have also been at 204 this year and am in the process of working my way back down to 145 so my BMI will be in the normal range. If I was able to get there after baby #3 in 2006, then I can do it again! Each day I am one step closer to my goal. My energy and endurance are also increasing each and every day. Whoop Whoop!!
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Request sent, and ANYONE is allowed to add me. I don't judge, just push :)
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I just started as well and need more friends for motivation :]
  • Nnikolasa
    Nnikolasa Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to this too...started a year ago and found myself in the same sitch, excuse after excuse to not stay with it! I'm over it! I really want to get back to a time when I loved working out and feeling healthy and at 220lbs its going to take me some time to get there so I'm feeling like the time is now! ...I'm Nicole btw (not sure how I go about adding people?)
    Also, @crankyangel76 - I would be very interested in your group on FB (as long as its truly closed and I dont have to share my every struggle with all my friends lol!
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me :)
  • Resa001
    Resa001 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. : )