Friends & Family

Options
So this is my second day and so far, so good. However, the summer is coming and the weekend is almost here and a girl just loves her cold margaritas. I think am going to be forced to avoid my friends for at least 4 weeks, because honestly I just have no slef control. If I am by myself I can do so well with any diet, I can eat healthy and avoid alcoholic beverages. But when I am around my friends and family that's not the case, yes I am WEAK I know but I can only work on one thing at a time. So for now I'll work on sticking to my new healthy eating habits and occassional exersice, once am slimmer and healthier I guess I'll worry about my friends. If they love me they'll stick around. <3

Replies

• karenga
    karenga Posts: 28
    Options
    One of my friends (not needing to loose weight) wanted to catch up so suggested we go for a walk to the pub. It was an hour walk there and a bus ride back, so enjoyed a small drink, visit with friend and exercised all at once, and it was at my friends suggestion because she wants to help me stay on track. As long as your friends are aware they may help you. Have fun just not overindulging to much too often. :)
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you do what you need to for YOU.... Family and friends mean well but can and will hurt your good attempts at changing yourself.. If you need to hide go for it or you can entertain at your house where you are in control of the foods served.. Hey maybe they will change some of their eating habits.. Make a frosty drink with crystal lite for yourself and use a margarita glass so you dont feel deprived.. Sometimes just tricking the mind works. My husband and i drink out of wine glasses just because it makes us feel like we are splurging.. Sounds stupid but we like it.. Be strong girl and remember our whole life revolves around food. We use it for births, weddings, birthdays, and deaths. Even all the in-betweens. So learning to make changes and still have these friend and family gatherings can be what you need to work on. The rest will follow.. Much luck and success!!
  • Winter0916
    Winter0916 Posts: 80
    Options
    Wow! Thanks! I love the wine glass idea, when I was little my mom used to let me drink water out of it because it made me feel rich and fancy LOL I think it is a great idea, the things you forget when you grow up. So from now on I'll be drinking my crystal lite lemonade from my margarita and wine glasses! Thanks. Yes I will let them know what I am doing but sometimes this is what you hear "Oh but oyu;re not fat, you don't look that bad, hey you're tall so it doesn't matter, etc." People can make it okay and dicourage you unconsciously.

Thanks for the support.
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Put you crystal lite in a blender with crushed ise and make it a frozen drink.. sometimes with adding the ice you need to keep the mix alitttle stronger by not adding as much water.. Have fun my rich and fancy friend !!!!!!:drinker: lol I used to roll bologna and cheese ir ham and cheese for my girls,I would cut them in circles and add a toothpick.. or use veggies or fruit.. They thought it was the coolest and they always ate it all...
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I definitely like the wine idea. My parents had this pair of crystal glasses my sister and I would toast egg nog in at New Year's. My parents don't drink and never have so other than New Year's, we never used them. We felt fancy!!

What helps me... the last couple weeks I've gone out (specifically for drinks) with co-workers. Honestly, what works for me... leaving my debit card and cash in the car and ordering water. The 2nd night we went out, I ended up drinking probably 100 ounces JUST in the 3 hours I was there, plus the 120 oz. or so I'd already drank during the day. It kept me full and didn't make me want to eat or drink alcohol.
  • Winter0916
    Winter0916 Posts: 80
    Options
    Thanks ladies!