Spouses Benefitting When You're on MFP

Options
Has anyone else had their spouse or S/O benefit indirectly when they joined MFP? I've been exercising regularly and staying within my calories most days since I joined here in late March. My spouse bikes a lot but is otherwise not doing anything different, and he's lost 8 pounds while I've only lost 5! I think he' benefiting a lot from the fact that we don't eat out as much anymore, as well as a shift to vegetarian meals. However, he eats whatever he wants when we do go to restaurants. I keep bugging him to join here and track his food because he makes some rather calorie-laden snack choices, but he says, "I'll consider it if the scale starts going the other way," and I can't really argue with that.

Replies

• AuroraBear84
    AuroraBear84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My husband has definitely benefited! He has dropped several pounds already without much effort on his part. Sometimes he will ride the stationary bike when I do the treadmill (so we can watch an episode of TNG together!) and will half a** his way through 30DS. Other than that its just been the shift in foods we eat. He also likes to latch onto my delicious healthy snacks :)
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yep my hubby has lost more than me too with eating out less and healthier meals.
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My partner's diet didn't change when I joined mfp, but it did drastically improve when I became vegan.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Mine has lost more than me and has taken on the job as my fitness coach. lol He does the grocery shopping for low fat sugar free items. I'm so glad he's on board bc at the last check his blood pressure was 189/99.
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I got my boyfriend to do crunches, push ups and lift weights with me last night. We had fun while we did it, felt good after and talked about all the things we want to go do like mountain biking and hiking.
  • Annie_ga
    Annie_ga Posts: 72
    Options
    My husband has definitely benefited from my being on MFP. He snacks on way more healthy food now (carrots not crackers) and is happy with any adjustments: turkey sausage, egg whites, baked goods with applesauce, homemade soups, homemade taco mix - you name it, he's happy and looks great now. Also, he started lifting weights here and there. Good for him, I say!
  • crissyniko
    crissyniko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mine too! He has lost 10 lbs but only because of me...lol I cook and I even talked him into running with me last night :) It's a win-win for both of us!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else had their spouse or S/O benefit indirectly when they joined MFP?

She mentions how good I look, and in turn we are making waffles together more often. With wreckless abandond at times. So yes. We both like it.
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    After losing 70 pounds my spouse has benefited. He lost 10 pounds himself.... and there are other benefits too. Losing weight does wonders for your self esteem and that is super helpful in the bedroom.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I never would have imagined the ripple effect when I joined up here, but it looks like I'm definitely not alone.