(help please) Figuring Calories Burned With Added Weights

Options
If I am trying to figure out my calories burned with weights added to my ankles and wrists would I just add the weights added to my total weight on the calculator?

Example: At 168lbs walking 3.5mph for half an hour burns 154 calories. If I have 5lb weights on my ankles and 3lb weights on my wrists would I just add 16lbs to my weight on the calculator and put 184lbs weight? Would the resulting 173 calories burned be correct? I had to use an outside calorie counter to do this figuring since I can't get the myfitnesspal calculator to show calories for anything but my current weight so these calories may be different then what the myfitnesspal one says also. I can put in another weight, but the calorie output won't change for some reason.

But would that be an accurate enough way to figure calories while using added weights or is there a better method?

Thank you for your help.

Replies

• CalynZeigs
    CalynZeigs Posts: 34
    Options
    I ordered a timex watch and chest band that is suppose to track calories and heart rates, so I'll just see if that seems an accurate enough way to track instead. I don't truly understand how the whole calorie burned tracking works enough to know, so any help would be appreciated.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure how that would work. I don't normally eat back my exercise calories, so I never tried to figure it out. When I run, I carry a 5 lb weight in each hand...I never even thought to add it.

Hopefully you can get some help! I'd like to see how that would work as well.
  • AngelaArlene51
    AngelaArlene51 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie to this site and have added 3lb weights to walking and need to know calories .Sure hope there is some way to figure this.