Got a question for you all!

Options
Okay lately I have been doing crunches, squats, arm raises, that thing you do when you get up on your tip toes and stay that way a little bit and then back down, and bicycle crunches and what not at home everyday, is it bad if i never take a break day, I fear if I don't do it for one day then I wont go back to doing it because well Im sore!!! what do you all think?

Replies

• nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering the same thing too :smile:
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am sure there are many different opinions; this is just me. I go to the gym 5 nights a week and each night we work on something different. Be it legs, arms, back, shoulders, chest, bum, abs.

I believe your body needs a rest at least one day a week.

The thing you could do is to alternate what you do each day.
    Day 1: arms and shoulders
    Day 2: legs and core
    Day 1: exercise
    Day 2: exercise
    AND do a little cardio everyday. :)
  • fletchrf
    fletchrf Posts: 4
    Options
    Exercise damages muscles a little bit so two rest days a week (separated) would be better. If not you'll find performance deteriorates and motivation will plummet.
  • charlieB007
    charlieB007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi
    How long are you doing all of these exercises? If its for over an hour try shortening the time to like thirty minutes and still do everyday or you could try doing them three times a week for a longer time or even maybe doing them Mon.-Fri and take weekend off. Its what you feel comfortable doing, what you like doing and what works for you. For me I walk on my treadmill three times a week for an hour then for the other days walking, or whatever other exercises I like doing and I take the weekend off or I might take a walk. Hope this gives you somewhat of an idea or helps.

charlieb007
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I have one rest day a week and everyone couple of months I take a full week off.