Cardio stamina

Options
Stamina and Endurance... how can I improve on these ?? I usually mix cardio and weights.. but I cant do cardio more than 10 mins.. I would like to build up on my cardio stamina.. Any tips ???

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Stamina and Endurance... how can I improve on these ?? I usually mix cardio and weights.. but I cant do cardio more than 10 mins.. I would like to build up on my cardio stamina.. Any tips ???

Keep doing what you are doing. And make sure you eat enough calories. If you don't fuel your workouts, then it will affect performance. How much are you eating?
  • simply_healthy
    simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Keep doing what you are doing. And make sure you eat enough calories. If you don't fuel your workouts, then it will affect performance. How much are you eating?

I eat around 1200 calories daily... Whenever I do cardio... I feel out of breath and feel a bit of nausea as well.. Any clues whats the reason ?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Yup, like psulemon says, endurance and stamina come from repetitive training. It will get easier quickly if you keep doing it. It usually takes me about four to six sessions to see a noticeable difference when I begin a new routine.

edit..after you posted...you need to log and eat the calories earned by exercise here, too. You may have your calories set too low, here read these:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

I eat around 1200 calories daily... Whenever I do cardio... I feel out of breath and feel a bit of nausea as well.. Any clues whats the reason ?

I would suggest that eating too little is your reason. You should be eating more if you are active to fuel your workouts. I know if I eat under 2000 calories, my workouts suffer a lot. You would probably benefit from eating more. Most women I know eat 1700-2100 calories and still lose weight.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Do more cardio. Also, try intervals of fast cardio and moderate cardio. I found that the only way to run longer runs is to run longer runs. Just do it.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Common sense would suggest you need to eat more than 1200 calories a day if you are working out.
    I am not surprised you are struggling.
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I do loads of cardio on 1200 cals. You need to build this up gradually, the more you do it the better you will get at it. The main thing that gave me the best results was the c25k programme that coaches you to gradually be able to run 5k at a steady pace. Other thing to try maybe is 30 day shred with short bursts of cardio mixed in with strength in intervals. Hope this helps xx
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. It will improve. Have a pre workout protein drink?
    Good luck. I'm sure you will get a lot of different pieces of advice :flowerforyou:
  • carri8820
    carri8820 Posts: 6
    Options
    have been working out for 2 months solid now. I started with only 10 minutes at a time. I would walk/jog for 10 min and then later in the day 10 more. I worked my way to doing 20 all together, and still 10 more later in the day. Now I can do a full 40 min cardio session and still have energy. Just do little steps and before you know it you will be doing whatever it is you desire.