Ummm I seriously hate cardio

Options
2»

Replies

• wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    The amount of cardio depends on our goals. if you want to be a marathoner... more cardio/no lifting. Want to be a deadlifter? More lifting/no cardio. See?

But SOME cardio has health benefits, mainly your cardio-pulmonary system LOL.

If you want some really good cardio that doesn't eat away at your gainZ or keep you on a treadmill like a rat for hours on end... one word... TABATA!

http://tabatatraining.org/
  • CatShelton
    CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gym membership, so classes aren't an option for me right now. It takes so much effort to talk myself into running that I usually run out of time before I even get to it, lol. I just found a really cool free app for circuit/interval training (Sworkit) . I found it on my iphone, but I think they have it for android, too. You tell it how long you want your workout to be (they have certain set times like 10, 20 or 30, 40 etc minutes), and what type of workout you want (strength, cardio, stretching) and they give a random list of exercises along with a timer for each one. I just tried it this afternoon. It was too hot to run, and I didn't feel like doing a DVD. It's supposed to come up with a different routine every time.

Have you tried Nike Training Club. Great app, great workouts. I am always drenched afterwards!
  • mommylifter
    mommylifter Posts: 123
    Options
    Yeah my husband thinks a 2 mile jog is great fun. I freaking hate it too! I am constantly switching around cardio machines at the gym trying to find sonething i like, but alas, I hate them all.
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I hate running too but I love other things! If you don't have a lot of options then look into Tabata intervals, only 4 minutes - short but supposed to be intense so work hard!
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact opposite. :3
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    i zone out when im jogging or riding my bike.... cloud 9... daydreaming... i guess ive just been running and riding long enough that I can go into autopilot.. i enjoy it.... watching numbers on a treadmill drives me crazy... towels over the numbers and zone out... i usually just decide how many songs im gonna go for.. and then i lose count... lol... 10 songs.. sounds good
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Tabata, hmmm interesting.