30 day shred day one

Options
Just started the 30 day shred and I must say it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Looking forward to keeping up with the work out!!! Is anyone else starting this workout?

Replies

• josarahm
    josarahm Posts: 48
    Options
    LOL. I started today and it was HARD for me. I think you have age in your favour:laugh: ! LOL:laugh:
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I think the level of difficulty is determined by how heavy the weights are that you use. 30 Day Shred kicks my *kitten* (particularly Level 2) and I've been at this two and a half years.

I'm using mostly 8 and 12 lb weights for most of the exercises, so I think that's part of it. I do use 3 and 5 lb weights for the chest flies, squat to press, etc, but on the rest I go heavier.
  • Jennjo322
    Jennjo322 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I started it today with 5# weights. Had to stop a few times.
  • zmeplay
    zmeplay Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This may be a silly question, but what is the 30 day shred? I am looking for something I can 'stick to' and people to help motivate me. I am tired of feeling crappy about my body and I know I am the only one who can change that. I feel I am at my whits end. I NEED change.
    :smile:
  • lilteddy78
    lilteddy78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday....while it's nothing like Insanity (used to do it) It challenges me here and there. I've been using 3lb weights as that's all I have here at home. I'm thinking about buying me some 5lb weights as soon as I can. I can't wait to see how my body changes throughout the next 28 days. :)
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Started it sunday! Going on day 4. My calf muscles are seriously hurting but trying to.push through it. Itll all be worth it in the end lol.
  • JackieSmackie
    JackieSmackie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Going on Day 4 also!! I have never been able to stick to a workout program but for some reason I find myself excited for this every day. Maybe I am just finally ready for a change.

I haven't started with the weights yet. EEK! Haven't had any. Going to the store today. Still been a good workout though, getting easier already. We'll see how the weights treat me.

I did Insanity for a couple of weeks but it was too big a chunk of time for me as a beginner exerciser. And it was really discouraging since I couldn't keep up with the workouts ever. I CAN do 30-day shred with just a few short breathers. I think that's why I am excited. I see me going through with this for the first time :)
  • teenieweeniefaerie
    Options
    A persona l trainer friend of mine said not to go anywhere near it, and has advised swimming and walking if your just starting out, and it won't hurt as much.
    Someone i know also pulled their hamstring doing it.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I started too - and wasn't much harder then my aerobics dvd. I had to improvise with tins of beans for weights though hahaha, off to get some weights this weekend
  • maoliver1024
    maoliver1024 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael-30 day shred. you can buy it at wal-mart for $10.00.
  • amywise10
    amywise10 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 yesterday and I really love it. I've always had a strong lower body, so while I wouldn't say that the exercises are "easy", they are manageable. I have really terrible upper body strength, so I've started out with 2.5 lb weights.
  • Hoosier96
    Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    5 lb weights work for me on everything except the bicep curl/lunge. I need to get some 10's for that.
  • 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. I never had to actually stop, but I did need to slow down a couple of times. I'm using 2lb weights, I have some shoulder issues so I hope using light weights will help strengthen them.

All in all I thought it was a good workout, just when I thought I was going to die, we were done!
  • Aylapba
    Aylapba Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm day 9 and can't wait for level 2!
    Started my first day with 5kgs (11lbs) weight, yes it hurt!!! Now using 5lbs weights which feels better lol.
    I was doing it everyday but read somehwere that you are meant to take rest days, took one yesterday and didn't like it so will go back to doing it every day.
  • cwillen65
    cwillen65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 5 and I know it is already working!! While I think it is definitely hard, the best part is these are exercises I can do! I am very sore but am pushing through it. I have found that if I count in my head during the exercises I can get through it.. I don't really know why that is but it works for me. I have never been able to work out consistently for 30 days, I have always given up. I'm really hoping this time is different. I need to change my lifestyle. I am also eating healthier, more fresh fruit and vegetables and only lean meat. Saying no to sugar, fried food, pasta and white breads. Of course all the things I love!! I have a history of emotional eating and those comfort foods were always my go to choice. Now I'm trying to focus on exercise to relieve stress and have found that taking a walk outside with my headphones on is very comforting!
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    If it is too easy, increase your weights or move on to level 2!
  • missymc16
    missymc16 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I did day 3 this morning. I'm a little bit sore, but not to bad. Hopefully I will have better luck sticking with it this time around.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Good for you for not thinking it was hard haha most people think it's incredibly difficult when they start. I sure did. Good job!
  • lizamichelle1
    lizamichelle1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    WOW, I just started last night myself! I did it without weights because they weren't handy at the time. I plan to stay on level one until nothing I am doing burns.

I took my "fat" measurements also, hopefully I will see good results in 30 days.
  • M8R5on8ym
    M8R5on8ym Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This may be a silly question, but what is the 30 day shred?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8