5'2 ladies...before and after pics please

Options

Replies

• PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    20130329_164841_zps079abf9b.jpg

I'd like to lose about 10 more llbs. I'm actually at 134 right now.

It's so interesting to see what everyone looks like at this height, and varying weights. It's so individual.

I'm 5'1", and at 131 right now, but I feel like I look about like your 'before' picture. There are other threads floating around about 'squishy fat' - and that's what I'm cursed with. If my weight/fat were more dense, and 'solid', I might be reasonably happy at this weight. As it stands, I feel as if I'm 50 pounds overweight, judging by the incredible muffin top/spare tire I have. No pants fit well, because if they don't squeeze the gut, then they're loose enough to fall off. :-( But there's no way I have 50 actual pounds to lose!

I've lost 17 pounds since March, but the visual difference is very small. I'd like to get down to 115 (college weight), maybe 110. It's possible that an even lower weight might look good on me - I don't know, since I've never been below 115 as an adult. I am rather small-boned, in case anyone thinks that I'm in 'disordered' territory....I'm definitely not and never have been.
  • ikudbne12
    ikudbne12 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2... SW...somewhere right around 200. That # scared me enough to get this party started. That was last year. Didn't know about this site til Feb of this year so i don't have any photos. ;( Now i am 167lbs and plan to get down to 135ish... will re-evaluate then. Thanks everyone for the inspiration.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    5'1 here. Hope to get to 170. Dont want to lose my curves ;)

lol me either, so I will have to see what weight that gets me to!

you won't lose your curves if you are naturally built that way. I was a size 8 at 148 and had a total hourglass figure going on as that's just the way I'm built. I wish you girls luck!

I was 235 and now 189, not sure if you all can see my before/after pics on my profile.
  • srobinson84
    srobinson84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

It's so interesting to see what everyone looks like at this height, and varying weights. It's so individual.

I'm 5'1", and at 131 right now, but I feel like I look about like your 'before' picture. There are other threads floating around about 'squishy fat' - and that's what I'm cursed with. If my weight/fat were more dense, and 'solid', I might be reasonably happy at this weight. As it stands, I feel as if I'm 50 pounds overweight, judging by the incredible muffin top/spare tire I have. No pants fit well, because if they don't squeeze the gut, then they're loose enough to fall off. :-( But there's no way I have 50 actual pounds to lose!

I've lost 17 pounds since March, but the visual difference is very small. I'd like to get down to 115 (college weight), maybe 110. It's possible that an even lower weight might look good on me - I don't know, since I've never been below 115 as an adult. I am rather small-boned, in case anyone thinks that I'm in 'disordered' territory....I'm definitely not and never have been.

I agree! I see people my height and weight that look smaller than me and it throws me off. We just have to remember that we're all build differently, bone structure, short vs. long torsos, short vs. long legs, etc. It all effects how fat distributes on our bodies. My stomach after two kids is completely stretched out and I didn't didn't think that it would ever be as flat as it is...so I'm hoping another 10 lbs and it will look great (for a stretched out mess, lol). I think that for me 120-125 is my ultimate goal. We'll see when i get there.

I couldn't tell a huge difference in my weight looking in the mirror until I lost nearly 30 lbs. Just hang in there, you'll see it soon enough!
  • clearlyme
    clearlyme Posts: 36
    Options
    totally need this inspiration! I started at 244 and am 10lbs down and I am also 5'2". I am having a lot of trouble staying disciplined and really needed to see this!
  • becca53088
    becca53088 Posts: 32
    Options
    I am just under 5'2" and I started at 244.4 and am now around 133. Would love to end up at 115. Bumping for later! :)
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm gonna jump in anyway. Can't post pics because I'm in my undies as they'll take them down

I started MFP in mid Feb. my first measurements are from Marxh 1st

March 1st
    Bust:41/36.
    Waist:34/38
    Hips:37
    Arms:11
    Thighs:21

May 1st
    Bust:40/34
    Waist:32/36.5
    Hips:34.5
    Arms:10
    Thighs:21
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options

I agree! I see people my height and weight that look smaller than me and it throws me off. We just have to remember that we're all build differently, bone structure, short vs. long torsos, short vs. long legs, etc. It all effects how fat distributes on our bodies. My stomach after two kids is completely stretched out and I didn't didn't think that it would ever be as flat as it is...so I'm hoping another 10 lbs and it will look great (for a stretched out mess, lol). I think that for me 120-125 is my ultimate goal. We'll see when i get there.

I couldn't tell a huge difference in my weight looking in the mirror until I lost nearly 30 lbs. Just hang in there, you'll see it soon enough!

Well I'm glad to know that at 30 you saw a difference. I personally CANNOT see a major difference, but I've only lost 16 so far. the only changes I can "see" are that a few shirts and pants that were TIGHT when I buttoned them are now comfortable, and I am STARTING to see where my collar bones reside, I haven't seen those things since I was in my very eary 20s! (39 now). My fiance says he can feel a difference when he holds me, and my son says when he hugs me he can feel a difference, but I can't see it and it gets discouraging I do admit... so glad to know that I'm not the only one! Anxiously awaiting that 30 lb mark! :) and then some!!!!!
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    I am just under 5'2" and I started at 244.4 and am now around 133. Would love to end up at 115. Bumping for later! :)

Congrats!!!! How long did it take you to get there?
  • srobinson84
    srobinson84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Well I'm glad to know that at 30 you saw a difference. I personally CANNOT see a major difference, but I've only lost 16 so far. the only changes I can "see" are that a few shirts and pants that were TIGHT when I buttoned them are now comfortable, and I am STARTING to see where my collar bones reside, I haven't seen those things since I was in my very eary 20s! (39 now). My fiance says he can feel a difference when he holds me, and my son says when he hugs me he can feel a difference, but I can't see it and it gets discouraging I do admit... so glad to know that I'm not the only one! Anxiously awaiting that 30 lb mark! :) and then some!!!!!

With us shorties it can take a lot before we start seeing a big difference. At my heaviest I was 216 and looked about the same at 180 lbs. Keep going, 16 lb loss is awesome! I remember hitting that milestone this time around (Started off last year at 170+), like you I could feel the changes more than see them, but just knowing that at some point I was going to be able to buy new clothes in a single digit kept me going. You can do it! If I can anyone one can!
  • von13nie
    von13nie Posts: 39
    Options
    Bumping for later
  • mimiteh35
    Options

With us shorties it can take a lot before we start seeing a big difference. At my heaviest I was 216 and looked about the same at 180 lbs. Keep going, 16 lb loss is awesome! I remember hitting that milestone this time around (Started off last year at 170+), like you I could feel the changes more than see them, but just knowing that at some point I was going to be able to buy new clothes in a single digit kept me going. You can do it! If I can anyone one can!

Thanks! That is what I keep trying for, because I know that if my clothes are starting to feel better, then I have to be doing SOMETHING right, so I have to just keep going from here! :)

See, I always figured since 10 lbs looks so much different on a shortie than a taller person that it would show SOONER, but it doesn't seem to be! Thanks for the encouragement, I will definitely be keeping on this path!!
  • becca53088
    becca53088 Posts: 32
    Options

Congrats!!!! How long did it take you to get there?

Thanks!! I started January 2012 :)
  • kenh14
    kenh14 Posts: 19
    Options
    I started at around 129lbs. I've never posted a picture before so hoping this works. :smile:
    This is a during picture from this month going from 121 to 118 lbs in 30 days. Hoping to get down to 110 lbs.

beecd85d-da37-4c64-bf52-1a89c30c4a5e_zpsf56415dc.jpg
  • coz1979
    coz1979 Posts: 120
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2
    SW 278
    CW 179
    GW 145

1lb away from 100lb loss will post pictures as soon as I loose that 1lb :)
  • Sarab120
    Sarab120 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" I started @ 180 lbs. I'm now 157 lbs. I want to get down to around 120. Iv got a way to go, but I'm working in it.
  • plourensz
    plourensz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done! Some impressive figures there!! lol
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options

IT MUST!!! I swear I look the same after nearly a 50 pound loss!!! uggggg
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    bump for motivation! Thanks everyone for sharing :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'1.5
    Start Weight: 250 lbs
    Current weight: 120.5 lbs
    Goal: 120-115 lbs

Picture
    Biggest:
    250.jpg

More progress
    70yq7c.jpg

Amazing! Fist bump!!! You have the most beautiful eyes by the way! Go you!:flowerforyou:

Thank you, I love my eyes and so glad my daughter has them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!