Crock Pot Sesame Chicken

Options
SMarie10
SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
Sorry, I do not have the nutritional info on this, but made it tonight - It's a winner for taste and ease to make

1 1/2 pound boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons dried onion
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tablespoons water
Sesame seeds

Put cut up chicken into crock pot.
Combine honey, soy sauce, dried onion, ketchup, oil, and garlic powder. Pour sauce over chicken.
Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken from crock pot, leave sauce.
Dissolve 2 teaspoons of cornstarch in 3 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Replace lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until slightly thickened.
if not pre-cut, then cut chicken into bite size pieces and return to crock pot - can leave chicken in and simmer on low or serve.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice.

From the Recipe Graveyard

Replies

• greatmom2
    greatmom2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to have to try this!! I love sesame chicken, so I am glad to be able to have an easy way of doing it myself!! Do the leftovers reheat well?
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to have to try this!! I love sesame chicken, so I am glad to be able to have an easy way of doing it myself!! Do the leftovers reheat well?
    This is the first time I tried the recipe, but since it's in a sauce, I have a feeling it will just get better the longer it sits. I also added about 1.5 tsp of dried garlic to my batch because I'm a garlic fan.
  • greatmom2
    greatmom2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I tried the recipe, but since it's in a sauce, I have a feeling it will just get better the longer it sits. I also added about 1.5 tsp of dried garlic to my batch because I'm a garlic fan.

I love garlic as well, so I will definitely add that too!! Thank you for the recipe and the tip!! :)
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    Always on the lookout for great crockpot recipes. I'll be trying this one out! thanku.
  • Hodgenska
    Hodgenska Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've made a recipe very similar to this a few times before. I love making it. I'd never done it in the crockpot before though, and every other time I had fried the chicken pieces first (following the recipe), but I always thought that was pointless anyways. Just extra time and extra calories. Adding this to my list of to-dos. Wonder how substituting sesame oil for the vegetable oil would go? Hopefully give it extra sesame flavor. Thanks!
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Will have to try this soon :-) Thanks for posting OP :drinker: