any interesting tofu recipes?

Options
I have yet to make tofu myself but am interested in trying it.
I got silken lite...so...any suggestions?
:)

Replies

• Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I prefer extra firm, I marinate it in soy sauce and garlic then bake for 45 min at 350F, then it's delicious.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Cut extra firm tofu into medium cubes or just cut it into thin slices, pan fry it in a little bit of olive oil, and season it with Goya Adobo all purpose seasoning, cajun, pepper, salt (optional. I don't use salt cuz it makes me bloat lol), and squeeze some lemon or lime on it. Eat it over rice or however you want it!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    1 box silken tofu
    zest from 1 orange OR 1 Tbsp. unsweetened coco powder OR 1 Tbsp. Instant Espresso Powder
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/4 c agave nectar
    1 Tbsp. coconut oil

Blend well in a blender for 2 minutes, chill several hours. Serve the orange flavor over fruit, or any flavor by itself like a pudding.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    You can also cut silken tofu into small cubes and add it to any brothy soup, or use it to thicken soup if you puree it. It's especially good in Miso soup, egg drop soup or hot and sour soup. If you don't cook much from scratch you can usually find instant packages of these in the Asian food aisle at the grocery store.

Or try this recipe:

http://hugsnquiches.blogspot.com/2013/04/late-night-snack-creamy-veggie-dip-vegan.html
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Extra firm tofu , pressed. Pan fry in Pam with bell peppers, bamboo shoots and Siracha sauce. Add light coconut milk with curry spice (I prefer thai red curry) and pour the mixture over a little white rice. Delicious vegan curry.
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Cut extra firm tofu into medium cubes or just cut it into thin slices, pan fry it in a little bit of olive oil, and season it with Goya Adobo all purpose seasoning, cajun, pepper, salt (optional. I don't use salt cuz it makes me bloat lol), and squeeze some lemon or lime on it. Eat it over rice or however you want it!

This sort of thing is best.
    You can also use a George Forman grill instead of pan-frying. It squashes and compresses the tofu, making it lovely and chewy.
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bumping for more tofu ideas.
  • Noory44
    Noory44 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I regularly make tofu chilli with extra firm tofu, my family loves it., here's where I found the recipe:

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/tofurecipes/r/tofuchili.htm
    you can add corn too if you like. This makes a lot, i'd cut the recipe in half.