Hey, About the food counter...

Options
Im not completely sure what i should worry about more on the numbers because frankly its somewhat hard sometimes to stay in the lines on all of the numbers. Sodium is my hard thing, but i drink about 1-2 gallons of pure water a day, so i wasnt sure if that helped. I also excersize a bunch so not too worried but was wondering if any of you disreguard any of the food counter catagories?

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Eat enough protein, eat enough fat, stay under calories, disregard the rest.
  • mullycathNZ
    mullycathNZ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Hannah,

I pretty much only take note of the overall calories. I tend to eat low carb and high protein so usually go over on the protein figure. And I don't eat a lot of sugar at all but still go over on that count! But am losing at a good, solid rate so will stick to it!

Cath
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I pay attention to the protein...that's really all I care about, ensuring that it's high enough for me.

I find that the other macros, carbs/fat seem to always be a little low, but not ridiculously low....

I pay NO attention to anything else.
  • sherrylynn56
    Options
    Don't let your salt get too low . That can hurt just as much or worse than too much salt. You lose a lot of salt when you work out because you are sweating it out. But keep an eye on how much salt you take in.
  • hannah1011z
    hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) i think the biggest issue is that i really like top o roman but it pretty much blows my sodium out of the water with just one serving. :/ i try to drink lots of water in return. and work out. just sucks that is so salty lol
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Just looked through your diary...how are you not starving??? You burn off everything you eat and the things you eat don't seem very filling. Up the fat a bit and up the protein.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Unless you have health issues such as high blood pressure, sodium really isn't that big of a deal. Yes, it can camouflage weight loss by causing you to retain a bit of water, but it won't stop the fat from going away.